Job description / Role
The job holder of this position is responsible for managing the monthly financial reporting and control cycle of different business units. The job holder is also responsible for performing corporate control tasks related to balance sheet and cash flow management and supporting the Country Manager through high value-added analysis on performance and control.
- Participate in implementing and providing improvements to the financial policies and procedures in order to deliver high-quality services
- Provide subject matter expertise in the field
- Participate in budget and revision processes, by delegating responsibilities to budget controllers and coordinating with other departments on information requirements
- Provide support to budget controllers to allow them to progress as fast as possible and supervise in a subtle manner the quality, reliability and accuracy of work delivered by them
- Prepare the management reporting requirements by incorporating and evaluating all key performance indicators that management requires to be able to follow business profitability and its drivers
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, financial forecasts, core financial planning and analysis, proposal rates, profit plans and schedules instituting and maintaining other planning and control procedures, and analyzing and reporting of variances to local management and commercial verticals
- Provide detailed monthly operating results and analysis of cost per cost center and cost type, analyzing main variances with latest revision, budget and previous year
- Anticipate financial problems and recommend action plans for budget control
- Lead the implementation of Group internal control procedures locally, to verify the integrity of all financial information, ensure and maintain historical records
- Closely monitor that expenses are on target with projections and that the company operates within budget parameters and provide sufficient commentary on variances to the relevant stakeholders
- Assist the Management, ensuring that operational areas are managed efficiently and effectively to insure a low administrative cost and preparing the annual budgets forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Develop and interpret of statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company
- Establish economic objectives and policies for the company and prepare reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, earnings and cash flows based on past, present and future operations
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments
- Oversee, compile and analyze daily operations and financial information of the finance department
- Prepare and review weekly financial forecasts and long-range financial plans
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities to insure timely and accurately compliance with corporate time lines
- Act as finance advisory and make recommendations to the board to allow the business to make informed strategic, managerial and operational decisions
- Liaise with commercial verticals and provide value-added analysis on performance and projections for the respective market
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reporting:
- EV (monthly simplified P&L and balance sheet)
- Magnitude (quarterly detailed P&L and balance sheet)
- Master's Degree in Finance, Chartered Financial Analyst
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.