Job description / Role
Purpose of Job:
You will be responsible for designing and executing the Commercial strategy for Qatar leading Deliveroo’s market entry, growth, and expansion.
This role requires a person with a strong problem-solving approach and general commercial acumen. In this role, you will develop and lead a large and fast-growing team, with the clear will to win in a highly competitive market.
- P&L ownership of our Qatar business.
- Determine and understand the fundamental drivers of market dynamics for the Qatari food industry and translate this knowledge into an actionable strategy for growth. Set up financial targets, define objectives, and monitor the performance of commercial activities.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies in cooperation with the regional leadership in the UAE and the central team in HQ in the UK.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with high-profile F&B groups for new business, renegotiations, and relationship management.
- Act as a role model for people by displaying the right values and behaviors to achieve the vision
- Contribute to efficient and collaborative ways of working between diverse teams and stakeholders (Marketing, Customer -Service, Operations, Finance, People etc.) in a matrix environment.
- Provide leadership on a day-to-day basis to a nascent team and develop that team into a high-performing unit with a strong sense of unity and a definitive desire to win.
- Ensure the right systems are in play to acquire, onboard, and secure a large pool of restaurants/riders - and ensure consumer demand grows at a similar pace
- Make smart decisions based on data and facts, and be resourceful about procuring the right data points from our internal systems and external stakeholders
- Public and external representation of Deliveroo in the Qatari market, in legal, PR, and regulatory conversations
- Natural high intellect and quickness of thought to understand and dissect complex and often unclear or evolving opportunities
- Track record of successfully running teams in a fast-moving, consumer-facing, technology-led environment
- Broad personal expertise in operational management, business development, national/ international expansion, market growth, market launch
- Strong track record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations. Comfortable with high-pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Deeply analytical - embraces a data-driven approach to problems, pointing to the right metrics and numbers, to back-up decision making
- Experience mentoring and developing talent to rapidly achieve growth goals - helping Deliveroo strengthen its leadership position within the market
- Strong leadership profile - hands-on, federative, get people to rally behind him/her
- Detail-oriented & determined with a rapid execution mentality
- Track record of value creation and exponential growth
- Organized and concise, with a personal resilience to tackle challenges and opportunities relentlessly
- Resourceful outlook, creative, open-minded, and entrepreneurial
- Team-oriented at all times, with excellent interpersonal skills, down-to-earth and fun to work with
- Strong knowledge of the F&B or restaurant industry is a plus
- Fluency in English, Arabic is a plus
Benefits and Diversity
- Annual Holiday Leave
- Work visa
- Medical insurance
- Annual home flight tickets
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
About the Company
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 140,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as 150,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world.
Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 3,500 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 locations across 11 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.