This position is closed or expired.
See other Design jobs
- To interpret, realise and implement the creative brief of a series, programme or other content item in a way that builds a coherent audio-visual experience for the target audience.
- To plan and guide the artistic realisation in multi-camera studio or outside broadcasts, on single camera location, precinct or studio sessions, for both live and pre-recorded productions.
- Work with the Senior Producer/Executive Producer in developing the format, visual style and creative content of the production.
- Work with the Production coordinator to plan all elements of the recording and or live activities, in line with agreed production budget and timelines and maximizing use of resources and facilities.
- Schedule and participate in technical and design planning meetings; communicating the style and content of the production brief in a way that enables key creative staff to effectively contribute to the artistic interpretation and realization of the production.
- Brief on-screen talent and conduct rehearsals both off and on set.
- Interpret ideas/stories in a way which demonstrates an understanding of the artistic potential of the television medium and effectively conveys the intention, style and mood of the programme.
- Schedule and attend site meetings and location recces for single or multi-camera location recordings.
- Brief the technical crew, on-screen talent and other on-screen and off-screen contributors (e.g. children, experts, make-up and wardrobe) on production requirements and editorial and artistic intent.
- Supervise and direct the technical crew, including cameras, lighting and sound in a way that fully utilizes their skills and enables them to contribute to the artistic interpretation and realization of the production, both in studio and on location (single and multi-camera).
- Select and log editorially and artistically acceptable shots and material that is technically competent for subsequent post production.
- Brief craft editors and attend post production sessions to ensure the editing and finishing processes maintain and enhance the editorial, artistic and technical requirements of the production; including the artistic and technical approval of finished programmes, reports and items as being Ready to Broadcast (RTB). Note: Final Editorial sign off is the responsibility of the Senior Producer.
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the production team, crew and post production staff.
- Provide relevant information and data to the Producer and Assistant Producer for activities such as copyright clearance and to the Production coordinator for copyright clearance, scheduling and reporting purposes (e.g. footage and music details; duration and identification details).
- Understand the capabilities, limitations and requirements of broadcast technical equipment and infrastructure and communicate thinking via planning meetings and to encourage knowledge sharing.
- Conducts all activities in a way that maximizes use of budgets and provides value for money on screen and that reflect the values and mission of JCC.
- Responsible for Health and Safety and risk management during rehearsals, shooting and recording to ensure a safe working environment and that their actions and production activities do not endanger public, crew and/or contributors.
- Participate in the Performance Review and Appraisal Process.
** Please submit your portfolio attached with CV.
Media / Fine Art or any related major
At least 3 Years previous experience in directing multi-camera studio or outside broadcasts
- Artistic flair and visual imagination as demonstrated by previous work (e.g. show reel, portfolio).
- Excellent communication skills, especially in relating to on-screen talent, contributors and crew.
- Ability to give clear precise instructions and maintain editorial and creative judgment under pressure.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately while the under pressure of a live or as live environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret different styles and approaches to programme making.
- Ability to work in a collaborative way as part of a production team.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to demonstrate good judgment whilst knowing when to refer to someone more senior.
- Evaluation and negotiation skills.
About the Company
JCC is a pan-Arab media organization which aims to reach Arab children and young people across the world.
It provides high-quality and innovative programs and content across multiple media platforms. In addition, JCC drives cultural and educational initiatives that preserve and reflect Arab cultural identity and values for young people.
JCC operates as four separate but interconnected audience facing entities that include JeemTV, an advanced media platform for Arab children 7- 12 years old, and Baraem TV, the first preschool channel for children 2- 6 years old. The organization also offers educational and cultural initiatives such as Taalam.tv - the first Video-On-Demand (VOD) educational portal that offers curriculum complementing material to Arab scholars, and Siwar, the JCC childrens choir that provides the opportunity for talented youngsters from 9 to 16 years old to express themselves through singing.