Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences. Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Symbolically intertwined with Qatar's heritage, the Iconic Towers in Lusail are an architectural translation of Qatar's national seal, representing the traditional scimitar swords. Raising gracefully from the podium level, the arched towers will host a luxurious five-star hotel with 361 rooms and suites to cater to discerning business travelers, a lavish six-star hotel with 132 suites to meet the needs of those seeking sophisticated luxury accommodation and 49 branded apartments to become home to permanent residents. State-of-the-art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, VIP movie theatres, signature restaurants and a private Cigar Lounge are to be complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces, as well as office dedicated areas.
The property set to open in 2022. Once completed, the Fairmont Hotel and Raffles Hotel & Residences will join the brand's worldwide portfolio, known to be the world's largest collection of historic and iconic hotels.
As with any Fairmont property around the world, guests will find themselves immersed in a local authentic environment. Similarly when visiting the Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is to deliver thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Has overall responsibility for the overall operations of the hotel with the General Manager, including the development and performance management of employees. Oversee the financial aspects of the above mentioned operations, optimizing profits while ensuring the highest level of service quality is provided to Hotel guests. The Director of Operations also has responsibility for departmental meetings, supplier relations and overall maintenance of the hotel.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set, plan and direct the operations and departments to achieve agreed goals of gross operating profit, competitive RevPar Index, Guest Satisfaction, Brand Consistency and Employee Engagement.
- Support the hotel's annual budgeting process and adhere to the Accor established guidelines.
- Assist in managing the operations and the hotel's budget and ensuring that expenses incurred are within budget and in line with the Accor established guidelines.
- Lead and guide the ExCo and management teams in driving the hotel to achieve its Key Performance indicators (KPI's) and goals
- Follow Accor protocol in approving expenses, and obtaining the approval first from the General Manager and Financial Controller for items which require approval at this level before implementation.
- Help to ensure all Marketing, Digital and PR Communications are in compliance with Fairmont Brand Marketing guidelines and are very relevant to the market, and thought through as to bring value to the property and services.
- Support and help to prepare and submit the weekly GM reports to RVP of Operations and Brand President
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner with ExCo and the General Manager on matters which require the attention of ExCo and the General Manager
- Represent the Fairmont Brand in projecting a credible image to the market, residents and colleagues alike
- Be present to personally welcome key residents and patrons
- Comply with Fairmont' established guidelines on the hotel organizational structure and reporting lines, for example ExCo structure.
- Comply with Fairmont' established guidelines on recruitment, appointment and promotion of ExCo, Department Heads and colleagues.
- Comply with Accor' established guidelines on staff fringe benefits.
- Be visible around the hotel and shows an active interest in our colleagues' welfare by asking our colleagues how they are doing regularly.
- Lead by example in living the Fairmont brand values and service culture as well as Code of Ethics
- Help and support to establish positive owner relations through proper and appropriate communications with the appointed Owner's representative
- Follow appropriate protocol in communicating with the appointed Owner's representative and keeping the General Manager informed of such communications.
- Solid business / financial acumen with good understanding of luxury hotel operations
- Knowledge and interest in the digital platforms and trends
- Act as a role model in delivering elegant and understated service with sophistication
- Lead by example in building strong employee engagement
- Proven track record in leading a diverse culture of leaders and employees effectively
- Good communicator with fluency in English. Ability to communicate in a local language where the hotel operates (e.g. French, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) is desirable
- Executive presence - self assured exuding quiet confidence and humility
- Bachelor's degree from reputable hotel schools preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of luxury hotel management experience with strong Rooms and / or F&B background gained from working in key cities / resorts destinations globally.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Operations Director - Facility Management
Mall Operations Manager
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar