Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
Strategy is a specific set of actions designed to achieve a specific goal. The art of strategy is to take long term goals and translate them into easily understandable actions. Without a clear strategy it is likely that significant value is left on the table or lost. The Strategy Department is responsible for undertaking activities, which will facilitate the Strategic Planning process enabling Strategy to be developed within the business which ultimately enables Ooredoo to identify its strategic priorities year on year.
About the Role:
- This role is responsible for the day to day work involved in linking strategy to operations via the monitoring of scorecards performance, facilitating the execution of strategic initiatives and providing the forum for discussing performance through reviews and presentations.
- The role is also responsible for all strategy communications development and dissemination in conjunction with Internal Communications department.
About the Candidate:
You should have at least
- 12 plus years business experience or equivalent is preferred of which a minimum of 4 years in the telecoms environment preferably some of which with strategy or monitoring.
- Experience in broad telecoms environment. Ideally would have had exposure to a number of areas rather than just one narrow field
- Knowledge of performance management frameworks, such as Balanced Scorecard.
- Knowledge of incorporating research results and data analysis in decision making processes is a plus.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in a technology field. MBA or MS in a business-related discipline is preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.