This position is closed or expired.
See other Power Engineering jobs
United Development Company (UDC)
Purpose of the Job:
• To provide a high standard, safe and reliable electrical repair, maintenance and minor works project service across all TPQ MEP and infrastructure plant equipment and systems.
• Carry out day-to-day electrical planned preventative and reactive maintenance on equipment.
• Fault finding and repair.
• Undertake electrical minor works projects.
• Observance and promotion of all HSE directives in line with Operations policies and procedures.
• Ensuring positive TPQ Client relations at all times.
• Direct, supervise and train Trades Assistants / Helpers in their day-to-day duties.
• Relevant Trade / Technician Diploma or Certificate from an accredited technical or Trade College / institution accompanied by relevant licenses, as required.
• Specialized equipment training and OEM courses will be well regarded.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 7 years trade experience
• Must have a wide knowledge of electrical equipment maintenance requirements
• Must be able to identify, trace and repair faults in systems and equipment
• Must be able to work proactively and unsupervised
• Knowledge of and experience in the following:
• Small power and lighting systems
• Distribution Panels
• Motor control centres
• Fault finding and testing instruments and equipment
• Fully proficient with hand tools
• Knowledge of codes and regulations
• Good health and safety understanding
About the Company
United Development Company (UDC) was established in July 1999 as one of the leading private sector shareholding companies in the State of Qatar and the Middle East, and has been listed on the Doha Securities Market since June 2003.
UDCs mission is to identify and invest in long-term projects contributing to Qatars growth and providing good shareholder value. The company has an authorized share capital of QR 1.072.5 billion (US $294 million), a market capitalization of US$ 902MM and total assets of US$ 1,131 MM.
From day one, the companys mandate and mission has been to become a cornerstone of the development of Qatar, creating lasting value and maximizing returns for partners and shareholders.