Job description / Role
Client is a leading international contractor has an urgent requirement for an Engineering Manager for one of it's Oil & Gas projects in Qatar.
This role is only suitable for single status with camp accommodation provided.
Suitable candidates who fulfill the following criteria are asked to apply.
* Leads the field engineering works necessary to support construction efforts taking into consideration all CONTRACT applicable specifications & standards and in compliance with related quality and HSE requirements.
* Serves as a technical consultant where issues are raised by COMPANY and/or suppliers such as contradictory specifications and requirements, delivery improvements and/or lower cost supply alternatives etc.
* Enhances processes and procedures undertaken for the current field engineering efforts.
* Manage the team of draftsmen and office engineers for preparation of detailed shop fabrication and spool drawings, material take offs and troubleshooting of design problems resulting from suppliers, shop and field encounters.
* Act as a front end with COMPANY for handling technical queries and clarifications for the various technical related issues.
* Manages deviations issues with various subcontractors and suppliers ensuring compliance with COMPANY requirements.
* Oversees proper utilization of software systems for drafting and 3D modeling.
* Serves as primary contact for all engineering inquiries and delegating as deemed appropriate.
* Participates as required in Interface meetings.
* Reviews the design execution cycle for compliance with engineering principles, CONTRACT requirements, and related specifications.
* Works with COMPANY designers to review and verify the fulfillment of the standard and custom specifications, highlighting and communicating exceptions as appropriate.
* Oversees the application of outsourced technical studies to ensure that all packages are properly engineered in a cost-effective way.
* Maintains CONTRACTOR awareness of high-level goals and initiatives towards construction execution.
* Liaises with Construction Managers on all matters requiring technical inputs and customized design of supporting activities.
* As minimum, Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university or college.
* At least 15 years of experience in Engineering Management on large oil & gas projects.
About the Company
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jan|
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
Project Manager (Building or Industrial Plant)
China State Construction Engineering Corporation South Asia (CSCEC SA)
|Saudi Arabia-Tabuk||19 Dec|
|Saudi Arabia||22 Dec|