Job description / Role
* Lead environmental permitting and provide environmental specialist advisory and compliance programs in accordance with all applicable environmental regulatory requirements for Projects and Company operations.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* Coordinate the environmental, Greenhouse Gas (GHG),permitting management through familiar tools to the organization utilizing risk management and assessment tools to conduct due diligence for permitting action and cost of inaction, identify mitigation controls to support the development of a corporate adaptation strategy.
* Coordinate numerous 3rd party service providers to deliver quality environmental permit application and supporting documentation for issuance of permit in a timely manner.
* Provide expert advice to technical team at the Ministry of Municipality & Environment (MME) for acceptable terms and conditions and timely issuance of environmental permit.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Provide expert advice to develop permitting philosophy. Preparation of Environmental Application/ Scoping Study, development of EIA/ESHIA (Environmental Impact Assessment/ Environmental, Socio-Economic, Health Impact Assessment) and supporting documents; and scoping and planning strategy /policy development, utilizing best practices towards Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management.
* Lead with project team(s) to review project permitting strategy and establish environmental permitting scope and timeline; develop, review and approve content for both Environmental Application and Scoping Study for the department.
* Support the 3rd party service providers to communicate project details and requirements for timely delivery of environmental permit; develop, collates, analyses and verifies GHG emissions data, prepares analytical reports for internal and external stakeholders to address/account for GHG footprint.
* Liaise with both internal and external 3rd party service providers to develop, review and approve content for both Environmental Application and Scoping Study.
* Lead, negotiate and Provide expert advice to MME technical team for acceptable permit terms and conditions and timely issue of environmental permit.
* Develop internal controls and resources to minimize 3rd party service provide scope and involvement as a cost optimization measure; develop internal controls to assess carbon footprint, GHG KPIs in line with Business Plan and Benchmarking, and provide reporting guidance and quality assurance, conduct benchmarking, lifecycle analysis, and support internal and external verification process.
* Achieve data acquisition and analysis of resource use and emissions data and metrics, integrating potential energy savings, cost reduction/containment and carbon goals to achieve performance continuous improvement.
* Ensure stakeholder engagement on the Company’s views on permitting regulations and GHG/climate change position, represent the Company at forums and conferences on Environmental Subject matters.
* Lead environmental Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program for supporting key Company initiative.
* Provide input and support to Corporate Planning on GHG/ flaring strategy and GHG/ flaring data for update of corporate KPIs as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science.
* Knowledge and/or Experience 10 years’ experience in a world class organization with preference for oil and gas, process or petrochemical industries including at least 5 years in environmental management.
* International environmental standards and regulations, best practice management.
* Strong environmental project experience in Oil & Gas industry (both conceptual and engineering)
Technical and Business Skills
* Advanced technical expertise in environmental regulations and permitting.
* Advanced technical expertise in developing sustainability policy and environmental management system.
* Excellent in written and spoken English. Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with several organisational levels.
* Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.