Job description / Role
- The Event Services Admin is responsible for all administrative matters and provision of sale support to the events team.
- He/she to observe and adhere to the Values of Accor, i.e. Guest Passion, Respect, Innovation, Trust, Sustainable Performance and Spirit of Conquest.
- Banquet Operations.
- Food and Beverage Service Team.
- Culinary Team.
- Sales and Marketing Team.
- Revenue and Reservations Team.
- Executive Office.
- Housekeeping Team.
- Engineering and AV Team.
- Finance Team.
- Security Team.
- Front Office Team.
- Talent and Culture Team.
- Butler Team.
- Group Purchasing.
- Florist Team.
- Spa Team.
- Accor Corporate Office.
- Meeting and Wedding planners.
- Group organisers.
- Corporate Accounts.
- Associations and Chamber of Commerce.
- Wedding couples.
- Event guests.
- Corporate Office.
Delivers Friendly And Efficient Events Service
- Greets and attends to guests in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Advises on availability and offering alternatives when applicable.
- Prepares and sends sales proposals and contracts. (corporate and wedding)
- Makes a good first impression through first enquiry.
Focuses On Meeting Planner / Guest Experience
- Ensures the accuracy of bookings, event requirements, BEO and REO at all times.
- Familiarises with the house system. (Opera, Table Management System & Meeting Matrix)
- Timeliness in responding to enquiries from various platforms.
- Uses a Heartist® approach - make the guests Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
Works As A Team And Facilitate Processes
- Keeps the workplace functional.
- Generates relevant reports timely and accurately.
- Ensures that the department meet timelines required by another department.
- Effective communication among inter departments.
- Promotes team cohesiveness.
Involvement In Wider Job Function Actions / Relationships
- Participates in training activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Follows guidelines provided in employee handbook.
- Understands emergency procedures, health and safety requirements.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues, supervisors and managers.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supporting the Planet 21 program.
- Upholds the Accor Values in the work nature, increasing stakeholders' interest.
Main Complexity / Critical issues in the Job
- Timeliness in reports and responsiveness to guests.
- Ability to multi-tasks.
- Accuracy of work tasked.
Span of Control
- Nature Amount
- Accuracy in bookings 100% Accuracy
- Office administration <5% error factor for Materials Control purchasing and invoices payment
- Timeliness of correspondence 24 hours response time (business days)
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the hotel industry preferably in Singapore.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Willingness to learn and takes initiative under dynamic environment.
- Conscientious and energetic.
- Ability to prioritise work tasks and has a sense of urgency.
- IT Savvy and well versed with systems.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.