Job description / Role
Job Posting Date: 28 Nov 2023
Work Location: Doha, QA
Company: QatarEnergy LNG
• Coordinate the delivery of the Company’s annual corporate events/ conferences to meet and compliment department objectives as well as organize and execute corporate events with the procurement of required services and materials.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) - I
• QatarEnergy LNG operates in a complex, multi-national and multi-cultural environment. Leading to more complex demands and issues that would require high level of problem-solving skills to be able to work effectively within the context of established Company policies and guidelines and approved budget.
• Exercise of initiative is vital to the role as many out-of-office situations may arise particularly relating to events, conferences and event sponsorship and inaugurations that may demand instant decision-making.
Key Job Accountabilities - I
• Develop and implement the corporate events plan and corporate conference programme to support implementation of the key business and department objectives.
• Conduct the approved international conferences objectives to promote and protect the QatarEnergy LNG brand within stakeholder groups.
• Ensure internal and external interfaces alignment for key message delivery.
• Provide logistical and operational support during exhibitions and conferences.
• Develop event related sponsorship strategies in line with corporate objectives to identify and create opportunities for the promotion and positioning of the QatarEnergy LNG brand.
• Provide support in events and industry activities for the Company to raise its profile and engage with key stakeholders.
• Establish, update and maintain relevant conference and events policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities - II
• Supply and deliver all required elements and processes for Corporate Events including related logistical and operational activities; creating and maintaining all necessary documentation and approval processes to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures for all related activities.
• Complete any relevant materials and services needed for any Corporate Events, delivering and coordinating all necessary event related tasks to ensure efficient operations.
• Propose and recommend creative and efficient ideas (gifts, facilities in stand, etc) on the Company’s participation in approved exhibitions and conferences to uphold brand recognition and customer engagement.
• Assist the Crisis Management Team and participate in trainings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Media or Business Administration.
Knowledge and/or Experience - I
• 6 years’ experience in coordinating/delivering public relations in an event management environment.
• Experience within an operational oil and gas environment would be an additional asset.
About the Company
QatarEnergy LNG, established in 1984, pioneered the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry in Qatar and today is the largest producer of LNG in the world with an annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) from its world-class facilities in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar.
Since the first production in 1996, QatarEnergy LNG has successfully delivered cargos to more than 30 countries and is committed to meeting the world’s demand for safe, reliable and clean energy.
Through its operational excellence, QatarEnergy LNG is adding value to its production chain, contributing to the Qatari economy and Qatar’s National Vision to ensure efficient energy supplies for the country, creating new markets and contributing to the local community.
In addition to the LNG facilities, QatarEnergy LNG operates the Jetty Boil-Off Gas facility, Al Khaleej Gas, Ras Laffan Heilum, the two Laffan Refineries (among the largest condensate refineries in the world), and the Ras Laffan Terminal on behalf of All participants.