Job description / Role
• Provide expert advice on FM maintenance activities including Planned Maintenance Activities and Construction works, including the work by the department consultants and contractors.
• Provide accurate and timely information on all aspects of the facilities management works and implementation.
• Advise on strategy and dependencies on delivery of Facilities Maintenance works
• Delivers frequent reports, ensuring accurate information and timely analysis.
• Prepares ad-hoc reports that include updates of the status of the facilities management works and implementation
• Liaises with the Service Provider and other contractors to plan and coordinate the schedule for FM activities.
• Liaises with Third Parties (e.g. MOM, Qatar Cool, Retailers, etc..) to plan and coordinate the schedule for operational & maintenance FM interfaces activities.
• Advise on the entire life cycle (design, construction, commissioning, operating, maintaining, repairing, modifying, replacing and decommissioning/disposal) of Qatar Rail physical and infrastructure facilities.
• Attends witness testing events and provision of no objection on behalf of Qatar Rail Service Delivery where activities are in accordance with acceptance criteria
• Provides assurance to the SDD team that the Service Provider and other contractor activities are in accordance with the Service Providers Operational Rule Book, approved Standard Operating Processes/Procedures and Maintenance Task Instructions;
• Regularly reports back to Qatar Rail on the progress and any issues arising
• Attends periodic progress review meetings and represents Qatar Rail Service Delivery
• Ensures that environmental impacts arising as a result of site-based activities are properly managed and fully compliant with all the local legislation and Qatar Rail policy.
• Provides input to O&M Metro and Tram reports and presentations to Qatar Rails’ Senior Management team
• Verifies that the Contractor’ personnel have the necessary training and competences to complete their maintenance activities.
• Provides support to O&M Department regarding for the resolution of complex issues, compliance issues and potential problems related to maintenance
• Performs and carries out other duties as instructed / directed by Senior FM Manager;
Degree in Building or related discipline
• Experience of working in a Construction and Facilities within the rail environment.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Facilities Management or related Construction (MEP & Architectural Finishes).
• Demonstrable Experience of building relationships with and influencing a range of people at all levels within and outside the organization.
• Working knowledge of Facilities Management System and Public Building operations;
• Working knowledge of the principles of railway operational rules, standards and procedures
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Deputy Manager Maintenance
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Operations Manager - FM
FM Project Director - Facility Management
Associate Director – Facilities Management
Civil Maintenance Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)