Job description / Role
Fairmont Gold Assistant Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- The Fairmont Gold Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring the provision of a guest experience which exceeds expectations through working pro-actively to initiate, develop and maintain excellent communication standards and service standards with a continuous guest centric focus.
- Plans Hotel Fairmont Gold operations, ensuring that all guests and visitors receive warm, friendly and efficient service at all times.
- Establishes personal guest contact and promotes feedback. Proactively anticipates guests' needs and requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the guests, staff and the hotel assets.
Overall management of the Hotel within a Hotel Fairmont Gold workforce. Reports to the Director of Rooms & General Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Required at all times to set a high example in regard to punctuality, appearance, courtesy, performance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, staff relations, observance of House Rules, loyalty to Management and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Supervises all operational areas, ensuring that all hotel guests and visitors are met and guest satisfaction is maintained across the resort.
- Meets VIP guests upon arrival and escorts them to their rooms / suites.
- Handles guest feedback in effective and efficient manner.
- Handles and resolves guest complaints during the Day & Night shift.
- Maintains a high level of communication and feedback within the departments
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Hotel Emergency and Safety Procedures
- Ensures that the hotel security policies are implemented and adhered to all times.
- Ensures that the reports and the statistics are prepared and distributed as required.
- Logs all major incidents and happenings during AM/PM/Night shift.
- Maintain records of customer feedback and records of action taken to address complaints and negative rating and/or comments.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- Control availability of rooms and promotes the up selling of room categories
- Ensures that all guest arrival and departure procedures are followed as defined in the Guest Services SOP Manual.
- Reports any maintenances faults according to stated procedures.
- Actions or follows through all special requests of the guests.
- Ensures proper handovers are conducted at the commencement & completion of shifts
- Conducts departmental briefings
- Ensures that all staff reports on duty on time and in accordance with the hotel's grooming standards
- Must be available in the Main Hub, whenever possible, in order to oversee the operations and be able to take action immediately
- Demonstrate a full understanding and knowledge of all in-house services, facilities, amenities and functions.
- Training new employees on shift procedures
- Ensures that all employees follow health & safety rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all departmental expenses are in line with the budget & that all costs are strictly controlled with focus on food & amenity costs.
- Takes corrective action when required to improve safety of work areas.
- Provides training to ensure all team members develop & grow
- Perform any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the resort
- Work closely with Housekeeping, F&B and Engineering to ensure all Arrival/ In house and departures are managed as per Hotel procedures
- Overlook the Transport department, including fleet of water activities
- Ensure Roster, Vacation and Over Time is managed for all Front Office and Transport colleagues
- Maintain operational cooperation with 3rd party operators
- Demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/ P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing room revenue
- Sign rebates and paid outs for the cashiers ensuring that sufficient justification and backups have been provided.
- Ensures that all Guest History files (Loyalty Program & ACDC) are well maintained
- Maintain and follow the schedule of all the boat Movement, daily cleaning.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all potential and real Hazards are reported immediately and rectified
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures
- Ensure that all emergency procedures are rehearsed, implemented and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes etc.
- Ensure all staff within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to selves or others
- Use safe manual handling techniques and practice safe work habits following Accor Health, Safety and Environment policies, maintain procedures to minimize our impact on the environment and prevent pollution.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel Facilities and attractions
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
- Accor values and its corresponding strategies
- Methods of accepted payment of the company
- Short and long term company marketing promotions
- Carries out additional tasks from time to time, by request of senior team members which may not be directly related to the job role but necessary for smooth operation of the resort
- Previous experience in a similar function from a luxury hotel or resort.
- Good leadership with experience in managing a unit or department.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in using MICRO system, MS Office Applications
- Hands on person
- Fluent in English, local or other major foreign languages (e.g. Chinese, Arabic, French, etc.) are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Previous experience in Maldives, island or remote location
- Experienced in Fire & Life safety systems
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Normal administrative office and hotel working conditions, with some local/regional travel.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Front Office Manager
Administration Assistant / Administrative Secretary
MAYKS HR Consulting