Job description / Role
• Demonstrate a high level of patient care.
• Perform complex medical imaging examinations and procedures for diagnostic or interventional therapeutic purposes, utilizing all modalities of medical imaging equipment, in accordance with the standards and policies
• Ensure patients are correctly identified and informed about the imaging procedure that is being performed.
• Ensure that correct patient, correct procedure, correct site protocols for Clinical Imaging are adhered to maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patient information.
• Seek advice from the Clinical Imaging Supervisor or Radiologist on duty about any uncertainty or concerns with the medical imaging examination that has been requested.
• Adjust medical imaging equipment parameters to the appropriate settings, and follow Clinical Imaging examination protocols to ensure high-quality diagnostic images are produced for every requested examination.
• Assume responsibility for patient safety to minimize unnecessary procedures, and maintain patient exposure to ionizing radiation or medical radioisotopes within accepted international levels.
• Ensure that all patient data and administrative duties related to the technical component of the imaging examination are complete, accurate, and entered as required into the Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archive & Communication System (PACS), or manual paperwork (as may be relevant for the task).
• Provide technical and professional advice and assistance to peers and Clinical Imaging technicians as may be required.
• Correctly apply radiation protection devices (collimation, lead apron, shielding etc.), to avoid exposure to areas of the body not being studied.
• Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Clinical Imaging Supervisor of the area, immediately a fault or deterioration in equipment performance in noticed. Ensure that appropriate signage is in place to prevent usage of faulty or malfunctioning equipment.
• Comply with and ensure a good understanding and knowledge of Accreditation requirements, and related documentation, policies and procedures.
• Participate in a 24 hour / 7 day roster, and on-call as may be required.
• Rotate across any Clinical Imaging facilities as may be requested to meet operational requirements.
• Female technologists will be required to perform mammography, following specific training.
• Comply with policies and procedures, particularly infection control, Fire and environmental safety, Radiation Safety and departmental quality management program
• Perform other duties as requested
QAR 8,300 to 15,835 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Accommodation and transport provided; 40 days or vacation and public holidays; Subsided healthcare
• Employed in the past 6 months
• 3+ years of Ob/Gyne experience; sonographer or radiologic technologist with ob/gyne ultrasound experience
• Bachelor or 3-year Diploma in Radiology Technology or similar
About the Company
Poseidon Human Capital is an international human resource solutions provider, with regional offices across Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Poseidon Human Capital’s success is attributed to the company’s ability to manage large-scale manpower projects through integrated coordination with the stakeholder. It has licensed regional and local offices which provide operational hubs allowing navigation of often difficult and varied administrative requirements which can differ between territories.