Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectiivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Field Support Engineer- RADAR (BORA) to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
As part of the Customer Support and Services business, you will integrate the Qatar Service Center to perform the responsibilities of a RADAR and direction finder systems engineer. The candidate will provide technical support in the area of RADAR BORA systems and direction finder; successful candidate will provide RADAR and DF systems engineering support (setup, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and tests) for several ground based/mobile RADAR related to projects in QATAR.
- Answer a variety of customer questions regarding our radar and DF hardware & software by conducting technical analysis.
- Follow up on radar and DF system maintenance and analyze problems reported by the end-users.
- Complete and submit the Systems and Hardware problems reports.
- Adjust software/systems and draw up specifications that comprises elaborating and updating maintenance and technical reports.
- Contribute to perform modification/updates to hardware limited to changes subsequent to technical issues and approved by Radar Design Authority.
- Deliver a monthly report on both radar systems and DF, including availability, status of the radar systems components, past events, operation duration, configuration changes, etc.
- Manage the logistic aspect of failure flow for radar and DF system. Monitor spare parts from Qatar Stock and manage the repair flow to France.
- Ensure the on the job training (i.e. OJT) for the end-user personnel on RADAR systems operations and maintenance.
- Ensure an ease communication with different stakeholders and thus simplify and speed up the different queries resolution.
- Watch over and report relevant monthly KPIs (contractual indicators of performance).
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Good Knowledge about customer service practices and principles.
- 8 years of experience in radar technologies and radar related signal processing.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networks (LAN/WAN), radio frequency and digital techniques.
- Knowledge in Hardware design (RF, analog, digital, or microwave) or software design experience.
- Working knowledge of sensor array processing methods (beam forming, STAP), antennas, and propagation is desired.
- Able to compile and present system requirements and design review presentations.
- Excellent analytical skills that enable you to thoroughly analyze problems and put forward improvements.
- Strong mathematical/analytical competence
- Thales productions/Repair line knowledge would be a plus.
- Prior experience in Military will be an added advantage.
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of French and Arabic will be a plus.
- Engineering degree in electrical, physics or mathematics or relevant field.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
RAN L2 Engineer
Manpower Middle East
RAN & Field L2 Engineer
Manpower Middle East
System Integration Engineer
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jul|
Radio System Engineer
MEP Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
Ignite Search & Selection