Job description / Role
- Responsible for the financial health of a company or organisation. Building solid relationships with the banks.
- Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
- Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Determining financial objectives, designing & implementing systems, policies & procedures for accounting and finance department.
- Coordinate the preparation of strategic plans for internal financial control, annual budgets & financial forecast.
- Analyze financial performance against key business matrix and document, pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants, accountants and finance officers while monitoring and controlling the day-to-day financial operations within the company.
- Prepare monthly analysis, of cost of good-sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget providing explanation and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Periodic tracking of company’s financial status and performance by coordinating preparation of financial statement, cash-flow reports, AR /AP management, control account reconciliation and sorting discrepancies if any.
- Cash Flow Management, exercising Financial and operational controls.
- Liaison with outside business-related organizations like banks, auditors, investors, labour department, lawyers & arbitrators and insurance companies & brokers.
- Bank: Project financing, business loans, negotiation and renewal of general facility limits, bill discounting, negotiating import & export Letter of credit documents, bonds & guarantees and forex management.
- Auditors: Manage statutory audit, tax audit, and internal audit and handle audit related queries.
- Treasury Function: Exchange Rate and Forward Contract negotiations and working on need based hedging instruments with bankers and financial institutions.
- Labour Department: Co-coordinating staff payroll and welfare related issues with HR and the labour department.
- Lawyers & Arbitrators: Coordination point for all legal disputes arising out of receivables and payables with clients and suppliers.
- Insurance: Negotiate insurance deals for, workmen compensation, contractors all risk, health, indemnity, vehicle, airside and marine insurance products.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes and recommend internal & external trainings for finance team.
- Keep up to date with IFRS and IAS reporting standards and review accounting function and policies, P&L, Balance-sheet, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure that the finance department is functioning in adherence to the financial regulations and legislations.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in strategic meetings.
- Minimum 10 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
- 3 to 5 years proven experience as a Finance Manager in Middle East preferably in contracting and technology business (Qatar experience will be an added plus) with robust experience in the construction industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy;
- Master’s Degree in Finance and Accounting;
- Professional qualification such as CPA/CMA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA will be an added advantage;
- English proficiency required; Arabic is plus.
About the Company
A leading technology solutions provider in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
LITASCO Middle East DMCC