Job description / Role
Project Development & Financing
• Preparing financial models and business plans and proposals for utility projects and evaluating investment opportunities.
• Working closely with business development and technical teams for bids preparation and submission
• Analyzing the funding needs of the project and arranging the required funds by negotiating long term project finance facilities with lenders
• Preparing project Information Memorandums (IMs) for banks and comparing and evaluating terms sheets of different banks
• Finalizing project and financing agreements and liaising with lenders, legal and technical advisors
• Providing commercial support in contracts preparation
• Monitoring project progress by keep tracking project cost in accordance with construction and operation budgets
• Meeting with clients and presenting project business proposals and finalizing the deal
• Prepared feasibility study for new projects
Financial Planning &Analysis (FP&A)
• Overseeing the planning and budgeting process and converting the company's strategic plans into operating budgets
• Partner with leaders across the company to contribute to the strategic planning process and decision making
• Reviewing and analyzing current and past trends in revenues, expenses and capital expenditures
• Preparing consolidated budgeted financial statements for the company and individual projects
• Preparing cash flow projections, anticipating liquidity problems and suggesting preventive measures
• Assisting CFO and Senior Management with in-depth analysis reports including budget variance analysis, project progress, departmental profitability, and operational efficiency
• Preparing quarterly BOD meeting presentations and annually presenting business plans for approval
• Working Conditions – Occasionally plant visits to interview plant staff
• MBA, or professional accountant
• 3 to 5 years of experience with a mid-sized company preferably in the Middle East.
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to compile detailed reports
• Knowledge of accounting standards
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Sound independent judgment
About the Company
Marafeq Qatar is a leading Utility Services Company, providing energy efficient and innovative sustainable solutions. Provides to Real Estate Developers a comprehensive package of Utility Management included Master Planning, Infrastructure designing, Construction Supervision and Operation, with Customer Services Support, which will give the spaces for Developers to focus on their business and be confident of Marafeq Qatar’s experienced engineers and professional technical team to carry out the complete package of utility services.
During the past 4 years Marafeq Qatar has succeeded in developing its mark in designing and developing pioneering technology to deliver energy efficient, cost effective and environment friendly utility solutions that support the growth of economy of the state of Qatar.
Marafeq Qatar Owned by Qatari Diar Company, the leading company on developing and building cities in the Middle East.