Job description / Role
• Prepare method statement, inspection & test plans (ITP) in line with best practices in the industry and to conduct inspection as per contract specifications.
• Assisting the Project Engineers/Architects in the administration of daily site Inspection & walk through to monitor work in progress for compliance with specification & design/shop drawings.
• Ensure that project works are carried out in accordance to specific requirements set by the client, main contractor and consultant.
• Coordinate to obtain work permits or passes from consultant and/or regulatory authorities wherever required.
• Work closely with quality representative from contractors and consultants to develop inspection procedures to ensure desired quality output and implement the same.
• Ensure timely inspection and approval of materials, equipment, completed installations at site by consultants and maintain records.
• Ensure timely corrective action on any issues raised by contractor, consultant or client and closing of non-conformation reports (NCRs), if any.
• Maintain calibration of testing and measuring instruments as per standards
• Coordinate installing, testing and commissioning procedures.
• Assist in developing company QHSE policy & quality objectives.
• Performing quality audits on subcontractors and ensure compliance to the requirements as our contractual agreement with them.
• Should possess an engineering or architectural degree in civil discipline. UPDA/MMUP classification (grade C or above) is mandatory.
• Should have 10 years of QA/QC experience with the last 5 years in GCC countries in a similar role, focused on finishing activities in luxury construction projects.
• Should be meticulous with good communication, planning, reporting and time management skills.
• Should have sound knowledge of Qatar Construction Specifications and other international construction standards.
• Auditor Certifications and exposure in Total Quality Management (TQM) and Six Sigma methodology would be highly preferred.
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||16 Nov|