Fire Safety Engineer
Job description / Role
• Administer Fire & Safety programs on project site and ensure Fire & Safety risks and impacts are managed appropriately.
• Contribute in the preparation of safe work methods and project specific Fire & Safety Plans and ensure Fire & Safety plan is kept up to date and improved continually.
• Assist in identifying Fire & Safety risks and hazards and describe appropriate preventive measures in the method statements.
• Prepare and agree the Fire & Safety audit and assessment plan with the Project Manager. Perform Fire & Safety assessments (before start of the works) and performance evaluations for subcontractors to establish suitability.
• Ensure all parties including subcontractors comply with the project Fire & Safety plan. Maintain project Fire & Safety files and ensure safety toolbox meetings are held regularly by supervisors and foremen.
• Issue Fire & Safety corrective action reports to the Project Manager and hold inspections to verify satisfactory resolution of follow-up actions.
• Issue site notices and instructions regarding Fire & Safety procedures and ensure that they are circulated, understood and enforced.
• Coordinate regular meetings with subcontractors to review progress and propose actions to deal with any non-conformity.
• Perform Fire & Safety audits on the awareness and compliance of supervisors, subcontractors and applicable suppliers
• Act as a co-coordinator for the investigation of accidents and ensure that all reporting is in accordance with the Project Fire & Safety plan.
• We are looking for Fire and Safety Engineer with Bachelors Degree in Engineering or relevant field.
• Healthcare/Hospital Experience is highly desirable.
• Good English language communication skills both verbal and written
About the Company
Australian based TAHPI opened its offices in Dubai Healthcare City in 2000. The organisation provides a comprehensive range of services in the health planning, design and operational commissioning services for healthcare projects. The company has been involved in the setting up of standards and guidelines, as well as the training and professional development of healthcare planners, architects and managers for over 13 years.
TAHPI is one of the most prolific authors of International Standards and Guidelines for Healthcare Design customised for different regions of the world. TAHPI is the largest developer of software and web-based tools for healthcare Service Planning, Functional Briefing, Supply Capture, Mapping and Equipment Planning for the entire healthcare industry.