Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
The Fire Technician & BMS operator works under the supervision of fire and safety officer, to perform maintenance task which is preventive and corrective maintenance, plus overseeing the fire command center and BMS station and take necessary action as required.
Average Percent of Time
Responsible to perform maintenance and monitoring the maintenance task include preventive and corrective maintenance. Monitoring involve overseeing fire command center and BMS work station and any alarm to take necessary action in coordination with the team.
Record, all the parameters of various system through BMS system and report necessary variation to the supervisor for corrective action.
Maintain the log for all the events happening with fire system and BMS system.
Follow up for preventive and corrective maintenance work orders and ensure executed as per the schedule. Respond to emergency call as described by the Emergency plan for the hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Snagging and de-snagging.
- Fire drills arrangement.
- Transition management
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor, in addition to daily guest request type maintenance.
Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
Some lifting of cartons or boxes, climbing on step stools, opening file drawers
- Walking/Climbing stairs
- Near Vision
- Far Vision
Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Accor rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform the preventive and corrective maintenance for fire alarm and firefighting system.
- Monitor fire command centre and respond to alarms and emergency.
- Monitor and control BMS system.
- Maintain the log for all the events related to alarms and notifications.
- Oversee third party contractor works and obtain necessary documents.
- Maintain all the necessary documents in coordination with document controller to specially for fire system for QCDD certification purposes.
- Support fire safety officer in day to day activity like inspection, visit etc.
- Evaluate stock inventory and make request for the spare which will be required for corrective maintenance.
- Participate in fire drills.
- Perform daily visual inspection for various fire and life safety equipment to ensure in operation.
- Report unsafe conditions, near missies etc.
- Maintain all the tools and equipment's which are used for operation and maintenance.
- Ensure that all engineering spaces are safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner at all times.
- Comply with hotel and corporate SOP's.
- Prepare weekly walk through to check all engineering critical areas for necessary action.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Work on continuous improvements related to your filed of expertise.
Qualification Standards Education
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred. Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations, such as an Electrician's license.
Five years' experience in the same field in hospitality.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.