Job description / Role
Part A: Job Specification
* Develop, conduct and evaluate training programs in Emergency Response, Life & Fire Safety, fire prevention, protection, rescue and firefighting procedures, to fulfill the company’s mandatory and skill maintenance training requirements for employees and fire crew.
Key Job Accountabilities - I
* Develops standard methods of instruction and prepares training programs including incident command and command & management to consistently support fire crew, fire officers; and for the new recruits / trainees to administer career development programs accomplish their Individual Development Plans (IDPs), Individual Training Plans (ITPs) etc.
* Deliver training for company employees / contactors / visitors on the requisite fire awareness knowledge / skills for the use and practice during emergency and non-emergency situations.
* Trains and exercise the fire crew to develop and maintain the tactical & technical skills and physical fitness to ensure effective emergency response to all anticipated scenario including rescue & hazmat at all times and ensure the required certification / recertification standards are met as per company requirements and international standards and ensure training records and certifications of personnel are kept current.
* Identify the fire training and development needs of the company and prepares the annual and monthly training plans, training calendar and instructor schedules.
Key Job Accountabilities - II
* Develops and implements appropriate training monitoring & evaluation systems to ensure consistent reporting, analysis of results, timely follow-up and close out of gaps to enhance training quality and effectiveness.
* Develops policies and procedures which are fit for Emergency Response and Fire training purposes.
* Maintains training related equipment, facilities, and training aids operational at all times and meets relevant codes and standards and QG policy & procedures.
* Organizes and conducts training in fire prevention for external stakeholders including employee families, shareholders, business partners, suppliers and local communities.
* Assists to prepare rescue plans using company established guidelines for responding to all the critical jobs carried in the areas assigned, intend to minimize the amount of at-risk behavior of the rescuer during a rescue attempt and help to ensure that the rescue is conducted promptly in a safe and professional manner.
* Assists Fire Prevention Lead in the process of planning, preparation of budget and objective setting of the section.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirement Qualifications
* Successfully completed higher secondary education.
* Completed associated / relevant qualifications from a recognized institute (Completion of Fire-Fighter I & II, Crew Command, Watch Command, Command & Operation, Fire Inspector, Fire Service Instructor I & II, Safety Course and Fire Investigation).
Knowledge and/or Experience - I
* 6 years’ experience including 3 years as an Emergency Response / Fire Officer in Energy or similar industry.
* Knowledge of current national and international legislation related to Fire & Rescue.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.