Job description / Role
• Operate the flaking system and boiler.
• Perform quality and production checks with documentation as scheduled.
• Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks on systems as assigned and documented
• Perform operational cleaning tasks on a regular schedule with documentation.
• Scoops samples of flakes into container for laboratory moisture analysis.
• Turns dials & hand wheels to adjust pressure of rollers to maintain specified thickness and consistency of formed product, as indicated by feel visual inspection and to control rate of feed of grain through feeding mechanism.
• Replaces worn knives used to scrape formed grain from roller surface, using hand tools.
• Report any factors that may influence the quality and safety of the finished feed & ingredients to the immediate supervisor (monitor the moisture content, size of the flakes, thickness matches with standard).
• Store daily finished products in separate area with label (production date)
• Make sure all samples are representative of the finished product and are properly prepared before they are submitted to laboratory for its quality check
• Inform any malfunction immediately to maintenance department.
• Make sure all appropriate quality control reports are completed on every run of feed logged and report to immediate supervisor at daily basis.
• Verify quality and correctness of all incoming ingredients (check the incoming corn and barely for free from foreign bodies, free from dust, and moisture content.).
• Keep all areas of the flaking plant clean and tidy
• Verify trucks are clean prior to loading finished products
• Assist in maintenance of buildings and grounds as needed
• Ability to lift around 25 -30 Kgs.
• Able to complete the target within given time frame
• Exposure to dust, noise, heat and cold
• Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Ability to climb ladders and stairs up to 25 M
• 3 -5 Years Experience in Flaking
About the Company
Baladna is 100% Qatari, and one of the largest livestock and dairy farms in the GCC and Middle East. Baladna provides an authentic model of freshness and nutritional value. Cows milked every day to provide a wide selection of dairy products. The farm is open to the public and features the region’s most advanced rotary milking parlor, as well as our restaurant, a carefully-manicured garden, a children’s play area, and a petting zoo – Baladna is the perfect destination to experience farm life!
Baladna is located north of the city of Doha and spreads over an area of 2.4 million sqm. with a capacity to house 24,000 cows. Baladna provides a comfortable and well-conditioned environment for the cows, allowing them to reach their production capacity comfortably.