Job description / Role
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician - Structures (GMT-S) for a position located at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar supporting the Air Force. The GMT-S will be responsible for the following duties and others as assigned by Program leadership:
- Install, maintain, and repair doors and components, automatic entrance doors and components, locks, locking devices, panic hardware, door closers, windows and components, siding and trim, framing, standing seams metal roofing systems; flashing, curb and gutter systems; walls and partitions components; interior and exterior carpentry; masonry, metal and fabric repair/fabrication work, welding support - to include oxy/acetylene cutting, duct systems, ceiling systems, floors, corrosion control; pavement painting and striping; remodeling/refurbishing existing facilities; vinyl sign production; protective coatings, sealants, epoxies, glues, demolition, forms for concrete work, slab on grade and other foundations; concrete placement and finishing within and butting up to facilities, shoring; painting, fencing
- Locksmith services including installation, repair, rebuild, and service of mechanical or electrical locking devices; providing new or duplicate keys, opening safe locks without keys, opening safe locks by drilling, and keep records of locks and keys issued.
The GWM-S will use technical orders and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) while adhering to all applicable codes and regulations IAW with international, US, Air Force and PWS criteria.
The GMM-S shall be available within 2 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
- A minimum of three years (3) previous experience at a US Air Force Military Installation with similar mission/project in scope and nature.
- Registered Locksmith with Keystone or current software experience and knowledge.
- Previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid US or local driver's license and US passport.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain CENTOM contract medical requirements for duration of deployment
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.