Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences. Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Symbolically intertwined with Qatar's heritage, the Iconic Towers in Lusail are an architectural translation of Qatar's national seal, representing the traditional scimitar swords. Raising gracefully from the podium level, the arched towers will host a luxurious five-star hotel with 361 rooms and suites to cater to discerning business travelers, a lavish six-star hotel with 132 suites to meet the needs of those seeking sophisticated luxury accommodation and 49 branded apartments to become home to permanent residents. State-of-the-art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, VIP movie theatres, signature restaurants and a private Cigar Lounge are to be complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces, as well as office dedicated areas.
The property set to open in 2022. Once completed, the Fairmont Hotel and Raffles Hotel & Residences will join the brand's worldwide portfolio, known to be the world's largest collection of historic and iconic hotels.
As with any Fairmont property around the world, guests will find themselves immersed in a local authentic environment. Similarly when visiting the Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is to deliver thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
General Manager has overall responsibility for the overall performance of the Fairmont hotel - i.e., Gross Operating Profit (GOP), Competitive RevPar Index, Guest Satisfaction, Brand Consistency and Employee Engagement. Lead all functional and operating departments and serve as a liaison person with Owner / Owner's representative.
Areas of Responsibility
- Directly supervise the Executive Committee members and indirectly supervise all hotel personnel
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and training programs
- Act as an integer role model, displaying explicit knowledge and awareness of company standards
- Build quality relationships to the management team
- Create team spirit
- Create effectively a collaborative and inclusive environment where all employees/colleagues are encouraged to provide input
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations
- The attaining and maintenance of service levels that exceed expectations
- All areas of the hotel consistently maintained to standards of attractiveness, comfort and cleanliness
- Handles VIPs, understanding international protocols for government officials and royalty
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Brand strategy
- Growing business - A good overview of finances, think about the future and decide on strategic initiatives
- Dealing with media
- Maximizing financial performance
- Efficient operation and cost control of all hotel departments and facilities
- Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel's business plan
- Ensure adherence to relevant legislation relating to: fire; hygiene, employment, licensing, etc.
- Energy consumption is monitored and minimized
- Preserving & maximizing hotel asset
- Passion to grow & develop - Feel encouraged and reinforced by own success
- Approach tasks with courage and self-confidence
- Trusts and shows confidence in others: delegates effectively
- Remain professional and constructive in extraordinary situations
- Show good self- and time management
- In time of crisis: Able to take logical decisions and immediate actions
- Create an environment which encourages innovation; breaks down hierarchy; challenges thinking in a constructive way
- Foster and push others to think clearly and solve problems properly by asking probing questions
- Build a network of key people (owners, community etc.)
- Developing People - Promote integrity by fostering a "speak-up" culture and demands fair and respectful behaviour and enforces compliance
- Markets plans and ideas successfully
- Reduces key and complex ideas and messages to clear, memorable, and compelling statements
- Convince others; negotiate; debate, find win-win solutions
Creating the Future
- Contribute to finding solutions
- Think quickly; formulate arguments in a quick way; Able to focus on different tasks simultaneously
- Think about the future anticipating future trends and opportunities; translate organizational strategy into appropriate local strategy
- Use sound problem solving skills by identifying relevant information and interpreting and evaluating it objectively
Living the Brand
- Is an inspiration to all hotel staff to achieve luxury levels of performance
- Interacts in a positive way with all team members to ensure a luxury guest experience
- Must be an example of the Fairmont Values, brand standards, and a champion of grooming and appearance guidelines
- Prior 5+ years experience in luxury hotel management essential
- Strong match with Accor Inspiring Leader capability framework
- Strong Educational background
- Fluent in English (+ local language)
- Good understanding of the local market (previous experience preferred)
- Understanding/experience of union relations - where applicable
- Experience with owners relationship
- Must be strategic, creative and able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on overall goals
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Adaptable & flexible with the capacity to set high goals and standards for the smooth operation of the hotel
- Effective management style, hands-on and approachable
- Bottom-line oriented with emphasis on quality guest-service and team-building
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations Director - Facility Management
Palace Manager/Hotel General Manager
General Manager - FM Service Provider
Big Fish Recruitment
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality