Job description / Role
A Middle East based manufacturer and supplier of piping products to the building & civil construction sectors.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for operations of the company and is responsible for developing and implementing the long-term vision and strategy of the organisation to meet investor, customer and employee needs. Responsible for building and maintaining a business that is sustainable, profitable and built on the core values of the organisation.
• Develops long-term business plans for the company and delivers strategies to achieve them.
• Ensures that company results are achieved within agreed budgets and timescales in terms of sales, profits, projects and capital employed.
• Ensures activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal regulations, environmental policies and corporate social responsibility.
• In line with approved Delegation of Authority Matrix, approves budgets and controls the same through an effective monitoring and control mechanism.
• Ensures the organisation is well equipped in areas of infrastructure, funding, technology and talent to be able to achieve its objectives.
• In conjunction with internal and external legal experts, ensures legal risks are identified and mitigated.
• Fosters a work culture that is built on the foundations of our organisational core values of Leadership, Initiative, Commitment and Community.
• Ensures a talented and highly motivated workforce is in place through the implementation of effective HR strategies.
• Maintains a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
Key Success Factors / Performance Indicators
• Development of achievable business plans.
• Achievement of plans and budgets.
• Adherence in areas of HSE, legal regulations, environmental policies and corporate social responsibility.
• Management of investor relations.
Job Complexity (Factors affecting the job & challenges in performing the job)
• Managing the balance between operational and strategic, or day-to-day versus projects.
• Managing multiple conflicting priorities.
• Business is dependent on the growth of the construction industries in Qatar.
• Stiff competition from local and overseas players.
• Maintaining profitability with volatile material costs.
• Employee motivation and retention.
• Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
• 7-10 years of experience in a senior management role, out of which a significant part should have been spent in providing strategic leadership, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven track record of achieving business objectives, providing effective team management and results-driven leadership.
• Demonstrable evidence of ability to provide clear leadership for developing a highly-skilled, capable and motivated workforce and establishing a positive performance culture.
• Excellent team working and communication skills and ability to lead, inspire and develop talent.
• Financial acumen and ability to manage a significant budget.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
• Drive and energy.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - Sales
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Ecovert FM (EFM)
|Saudi Arabia Riyadh||23 Jul|
General Manager - Fiber Glass Factory (GRP /GRC/ GRG) - Profit Sharing
Salem Ahmad Almoosa Enterprises
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)