Job description / Role
Technical contributor responsible for providing input to the design and implementing geological/geophysical activities associated with active field development, reservoir surveillance and subsurface studies including opportunity identification and generation to support well integrity, production sustainment and cost optimization.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provides geological/geophysical input for well planning (i.e. well trajectory, optimization of well locations, coring plan and procedures, mudlogging, formation tops, etc) and participates in well planning team to assure safety and effective drilling activities.
- Performs daily operations activities during drilling (i.e. communicates with geological services contractors on rig(s), interface with other Geoscience, Engineering, and Drilling personnel) to ensure geologic operations at the wellsite are carried out as per plan.
- Participates in the geoscience assessment and evaluation, and provides input to the Asset Surveillance Team for their activities with focus on improving the ASTs understanding of geologic controls on reservoir flow performance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of geoscience assessment and evaluation results and recommendation on AST activities related to the understanding and optimizing waste water disposal including the reservoir characterization of the disposal reservoirs and their adjacent seals.
- Provides and implements the geologic descriptions to support Qatargas surveillance studies (e.g. Saphir-Impact).
- Maintains and ensures accuracy and completeness of geological databases/ catalogues (digital and hard copy).
- Provides written input for pre-drill and post-drill well reports for internal and shareholders use.
- Monitors geological/geophysical contractors and checks invoices for any variances or discrepancies.
- 6 years’ experience in Geology.
- Completed key fundamental/introductory technical training specific to his/her area of expertise.
- Knowledge of mentoring skills
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or related field
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in computer skills in commonly used software (Microsoft Suite, etc) and of skill area specific computer skills (e.g. Petrel).
- Competent in skills within his/her area of expertise (e.g. within operations, development/studies, etc.).
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.
Process Engineer - Offshore Asset
Exploration Manager for an Oil and Gas Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
Operations Superintendent - 28/28
Swisslinx Middle East
Engineering Manager - 28/28
Swisslinx Middle East
Plant QA/QC Engineer