Job description / Role
Geographical Information Officer
Jobs in Brief:
• Provide geospatial leadership to the Ashghal geospatial team including staff development, retention and recruiting and provide direction to staff on key projects and the evolution of the Ministry’s enterprise, technology, and governance geospatial programs.
• Ensure governance of spatial data standards for the creation, management, and sharing for business intelligence, project/program performance tracking, and data.
• Along with IT, ensure high availability of the GIS enterprise platform including, SaaS applications, custom applications, spatial databases, servers, cloud-hosted map services, applications, and ETL operations that are critical to the function of multiple applications, department operations.
• Implement the elements and projects identified in Ashghal’s Geospatial Plan.
• Collaborate and coordinate with key geospatial staff of Ashghal departments on geospatial initiatives.
• Develop and update annual plans and KPIs
• Ensure accurate linkages between spatial databases and assessment data;
• Supervision and monitoring of mapping related data collection
• Organize and supervise GIS field missions;
• Conceptualize methodologies for collecting data in the field, as according to need;
• Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates and solve eventual discrepancies.
• Manage, update and deploy questionnaire.
• Manage data received monthly from the team
• Monitor and supervise the overall progress
• Improve GIS services, process, procedures to ensure timely delivery of GIS services
• Master’s Degree required in Geography, Computer Science, Earth Science, Engineering, Planning, or related discipline.
• Significant 20+ years’ experience in geospatial project management for similar agencies.
• Experience with geospatial applications, especially in business areas similar to those of a Public Works Agency.
• Experience in developing schedules and managing complex information technology projects.
• Familiarity with business process analysis as it relates to geospatial technologies.
• Active participation in professional GIS, mapping, and/or surveying organizations and activities.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.
• Ability to lead and motivate work teams.
• Experience with mapping tools.
• Experience with CAD tools.
• Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
• In depth knowledge and experience of web based GIS solutions, primarily ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS using Microsoft C #.Net, Python or VBA preferred
About the Company
PSTech is a subsidiary of EMFI Group of companies currently registered to operate within State of Qatar.
PSTech brings years of experience in an effort to provide “very best” in Facility Management and Operations & Maintenance Support Services, our personnel can rapidly and actively familiarize themselves with the project requirement, issues & dynamics, PSTech takes all the appropriate steps in order to provide the services in professional manner using latest standard technology & sound project management with all effective and active procedures.
PSTech’s goal is to address specific levels of service for the Operation & Maintenance by developing and implementing customized solutions for Client facilities. Furthermore, we has created a well-trained workforce, along with improved quality, while ultimately driving down Client total related facility costs.
PSTech has the capability to provide the highest quality and proven experience in Quality Management System QMS, These tailored plans assure business continuity as well as reliable and efficient operation of the entire organization. Typically PSTech performs all work possible with its own internal workforce to the extent that it is cost effective and efficient. This philosophy allows PSTech to control the quality of service that is delivered to its clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Trading Company In The UAE
Senior I&C Engineer (EPC-1A)
Senior I&C Engineer
Project Manager (Systems Implementation) - Defense
IBM Middle East