Job description / Role
• Directs establishment of plans and procedures, regulations for accident and incident investigation.
• Representing Qatar Rail on accident and incident investigation matters internally and externally
• Supervise the Service Provider’s investigations of type B and C occurrences as required.
• Produce and maintain an accident/incident monitoring system.
• Report to Ministry of Transport and Communications (MoTC) occurrence of accident/incidents within the timeframe required.
• Liaises and interfaces with MoTC in all matters regarding accident and incident investigation.
• Contributes to drafting of Qatar’s Railway Law with regard to accident and incident investigation in close cooperation with MoTC and GCC stakeholders (Long Distance).
• Ensures all processes and interfaces with the Railway Regulator are in place with regard to accident and incident investigation.
• Directs in the matters of drafting the sections on roles, responsibilities and authority for the Accident Investigation Unit within Qatar Railways.
• Takes full responsibility with regard to provision of expert support to Qatar Railways Senior Directors and Managing Director on Accident Investigation matters.
• Complies with all Qatar Rail Company Management System (CMS) policies, plans and procedures.
• Supports Qatar Railways Company to set up adequate organizations, train the future staff and enable Qatar Railways Company to carry out the duties of Accident Investigation.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Formal or hands on training in “railway accident investigation” is required.
• Minimum 14 years’ experience in Railway Accident Investigation
• Must be a skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.