Head of Applications
Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat)
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose:
Manage the business and operational application of information and data in NAKILAT and its joint ventures. Review SAP applications, manual systems, Cloud applications, software acquisition, storage and retrieval approaches, and definition of the strategic direction of all information processing and communication systems and operations
New Projects Implementations:
• Manage and control the portfolio of installed system applications and planned or in-process projects.
• Review SAP applications, manual systems, cloud applications, software acquisition, storage and retrieval approaches, and definition of the strategic direction of all information processing and communication systems and operations.
• Provide management and direction for the IT Applications group including: setting priorities, coordinating work efforts, and reporting group activities.
• Work closely with other groups within IT to coordinate plans and activities including: SAP development projects, SAP upgrades, operating system upgrades, and the deployment of new products or services on premise or cloud.
• Participate with vendors in the assessment of advanced operating systems, new SAP implementations, cloud systems, including Saas, Paas, and Iaas and other production systems, and beta and field test programs.
• Provide leadership role in design and implementation of SAP and non-SAP application architecture.
• Provide support to the enterprise and external groups in the use of enterprise systems.
• Develop long range information architecture and strategy.
• Support growth of firm, both internally generated and externally created or acquired.
• Review and report of all major development projects which are undertaken by any IT function within the enterprise or as requested by IT Manager.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual application architecture reports on the operations of all IT operations of the enterprise.
• Identify the emerging applications technologies to be introduced within the corporation which could significantly impact enterprise.
• Assess brand-new SAP applications and any other cloud or none cloud applications and utilities to determine potential value for the enterprise.
• Manage section staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
Safety, Health, Environment, & Quality (SHEQ):
• Ensure compliance to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures and controls across the section, to ensure that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Budgets and Plans:
• Contribute to the development the IT department budget, through setting the IT Application section budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect NAKILAT interest.
Systems and Processes:
• Participate in developing the IT department policies, procedures and system, and ensure their proper implementation to support achieving the different set targets and plans, hence NAKILAT strategy.
• Balance competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risks in order to accommodate the needs of each user/customer.
• Build strong technical culture around business systems that emphasizes technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences.
• Manage application maintenance outsourcing and software contract agreements; Implement and monitor standards around scope management, financial management, service level agreements (SLA), ensure compliance to mitigate risk, increase service/business Impact and reduce costs.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the IT Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related field
• Master’s Degree is preferred
• ITIL and/or PMP certificate is a must
• 10 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3 years in managerial position, preferably in a similar industry
Job Specific Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of SAP system administration, database administration, and backup/recovery administration
• Advanced knowledge of SAP ERP, SAP NetWeaver Portal, TREX, Hana Cloud platform and Solution Manager.
• Advance Knowledge of Microsoft development framework, Azure, DotNet, and o365.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.