Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major organisation in Qatar. They are seeking a Head of City Command and Control Centre to join their team in Qatar.
• Operating and managing the city control centre by collecting and analysing information to manage accidents and ensure better planning for future developments
• Receiving, intelligently correlating and sharing information with stakeholders involved in city operations and planning
• Running the city’s emergency and disaster management platform
• Ensuring efficiency in city operations relating to traffic management, waste management, pollution, and other related services by overseeing real-time data
• Executing operations plans and overseeing the monitoring of events that may potentially impact the city operations
• Creating and managing an intake process for all admin work assigned to the Control Centre
• Assisting the Public Safety and Law Enforcement organisations to monitor, manage, plan, and execute tasks effectively
• Monitoring the publishing of daily operational status reports
• Providing technical information and advice on capabilities and operational readiness
• Developing, planning, and implementing policies, protocols, operational orders, and other strategies in response to accidents or emergencies, service disruptions, inclement weather, natural disasters, and special events
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, or similar field, ideally with a master’s or MBA qualification
• 4+ years’ experience in a similar role, managing a 24/7 command centre, with monitoring incident management in multiple regions
• Good knowledge of Qatari culture, with a strong background of working in the country
• Ability to think both analytically and conceptually
• Strong multitasking and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and delegate tasks
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Due to our client’s ongoing commitment to Qatarization, our client’s first preference is to interview Qatari nationals for this opportunity.
If you fulfill the minimum requirements stipulated by our client and are confidentially interested in applying, then please drop Linum Consult a line with a copy of your CV online.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.