Job description / Role
Job Title: Head of Data Centre
Start Date: As per notice period
Salary: Fantastic EXPAT Package
My client is one of the largest Oil & Gas companies worldwide, and is seeking a Data Centre Head to join the team in Qatar. The successful candidate will be responsible to Lead and manage the Data Centre Infrastructure Services within the ICT department providing Identity and Collaboration, Servers/Systems, Storage/Backup and Network Operation Center with all related Implementation, Operations, Production control and Security Monitoring, and ensure the continuity of Data Centre services and associated Disaster Recovery processes at desired SLA.
- Establish the section overall vision and mission and ensure staff awareness, understanding and commitment in support of corporate and department goals.
- And oversee the development of strategic plans in support of department goals.
- Actively lead day-to-day operational activities and ensure all daily datacenter operation functions are adequate and in accordance with the industry best practices.
- Ensure implementation of methods and practices to inherit and maintain ITIL processes and ISO quality standards.
- Ensure the development of datacenter operation standards and security controls along with the required process and procedures of the deployment, operation and maintenance of datacenter functions and services are in line with internationally recognized frameworks and standards.
- Manage the health of Data Centre Operations, and its related support functions, so that reliable, secure, and cost-effective services are provided to the corporation.
- Manage and operate IT Disaster Recovery plan and ensure IT Systems availability in accordance with a pre-defined SLA's and in line with my client's policies, procedures and business continuity management, and in accordance with industry standards and kept maintained in an optimum manner.
- Prepares budgets, project plans, and other proposals that would enhance the reliability, cost-effectiveness, manageability, and security of the information systems managed by the section.
- Create a supportive environment where creativity is encouraged and rewarded.
- And Set challenging team and individual objectives with clear expectations about required performance levels.
- Participates in and maintains comprehensive development programs, especially for Qatari staff and students, through partnership with Human Capital, Learning & Development Committee to ensure that the Division recruits, trains, develops, and retains the necessary skill-sets to manage its investment in a sophisticated computing environment and in support of the Departmental Qatarisation plan.
- Bachelor's in computer science, a related Engineering field.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in a directly related field.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory management responsibilities
- Proven proficiencies with Converged Datacenter Architecture, Cloud Services, Virtualizations, Operating Systems, Hardware Servers, Data Storage and backup, and Network services and protocols.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with analytical and methodical thought process skills for the goal of analyzing complex technical issues, making sound engineering decisions and executing effective actions.
- Robust skills in writing technical blueprints, high/Low level design documents, standards, processes, procedures, manuals, feasibility studies, and tendering proposals.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!
About the Company
Leap29 is a Global Recruitment Business established in 2000. In line with our success and vision we have grown organically to our current size, where we source professional applicants for clients around the globe in Oil & Gas, Construction & Engineering, Power, Mining, Legal & Finance and Pharmaceuticals. With new offices recently established in Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, Switzerland, USA and Malaysia we are now even better placed to service our clients & candidates around the world. Organisations in 89 countries have used Leap29's quality controlled and audited service to source candidates which they were unable to access through their own network. As an organisation, we strive to deliver a highly professional and effective search solution to all our customers. We achieve our greatest success through our highly evolved referral network of senior professionals and our ability to source expatriate, repatriate or local candidates. Tailored Business solutions are offered to our partners depending on their specific need. These are predominantly retained, contingency & interim services. Leap29 continues to successfully deliver to large multinationals and small SME niche businesses alike.
Green Gulf Careers
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
IT Infrastructure Manager (Sporting / Event Management)
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International