Job description / Role
A well established bank in Qatar is seeking for a Head of Operations to achieve the bank's overall strategy overlooking and second in line in the banking operation function that includes the operational business functions across geographical presence. This role reports directly to a Group COO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Efficient and effective delivery of repeatable and reliable operations activities covering the following areas: Central Operations, Card Operations, Retail Bank Operations, Trade Finance Operations, Treasury Operations and Credit Operations
• Manage the Bank's operational risk exposure by supporting the Business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
• Design, develop and keep updated the Banks' Operations Manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations.
• Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, and improve service quality and customer service.
Minimum Experience and & Qualifications:
• At least 15 years of relevant experience in Operations Management in the banking industry covering Middle East market.
• CPA, MBA or equivalent experience in financial services.
• Bachelor's degree in any relevant discipline in Banking and Finance.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
One Thousand Walls