Job description / Role
Head of Shipyard Training Center (NKOM)
Position: Head of Shipyard Training Center
Section: Human Resources
Company : Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Location : Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Manage all activities related to the Shipyard training center in terms of identifying training requirements, developing training plans, facilitating the development of the training content, facilitating and overseeing the implementation of the set training plans/activities, and assessing the effectiveness of the conducted training activities, to ensure than the shipyard employees are provided with the required development to fulfill their work requirements, and hence support achieving the shipyard overall strategy and objectives.
Training Center – Learning & Development:
• Identify the Shipyard training requirements, through the outcomes of the learning needs analysis, capability assessments, surveys, etc.
• Develop the shipyard training plan and calendar to fulfil the shipyard identified training requirements.
• Prioritize training resources considering the operational requirements and identify budget requirements based on the outcomes of the LNA process, capability assessment etc.
• Coordinate with the respective functions within the shipyard to develop, review, and validate the content of the required technical trainings.
• Manage and organize the development and start-up of new Training Programs for the center as required. This includes Trade-based Technical and Soft Skills Training Programs.
• Assess, recommend and select the most suitable training delivery approach/provider (i.e. Internal or external training, In-house/external Instructor etc.).
• Facilitate the delivery of the planned trainings and assess the effectiveness of the delivered trainings.
• Work with the different functions within the shipyard to identify and develop potential instructors to deliver the shipyard required trainings and eliminate the dependency on external trainings/providers where possible.
• Monitor and manage the performance of the internal and external trainers and instructors and conduct formal classroom observations to evaluate effectiveness of delivered training programs and conduct consecutive feedback sessions as needed.
• Ensure the best utilization of educational technology and training workshops to elevate the technical skill sets of the workforce to effectively meet job requirements as well as the high safety standards of the Shipyard.
• Work towards promoting the shipyard training center to be a profit center for the organization, through organizing trainings for external audiences.
• Maintain direct contact with personnel from various outside organizations associated with center activities.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the training Center is providing high quality service to the business.
• Advise best practices for coaching and monitoring the development of all NKOM Qatari Nationals, including Post holders, Graduate Developers, and Trainees.
• Manage all phases of the shipyard Performance Management cycle (planning, review, and appraisal).
• Manage the assigned team member towards analyzing and publishing periodic internal reports on performance management practices and processes.
• Support the Performance Improvement process for employees who are underperforming in their current roles by ensuring that Performance Improvement Plans are in place, and well tracked.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or any other related field
• 8-10 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3 years in managerial position.
• Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and regional experience is preferred.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.