Job description / Role
Grade A Contractor
Digby Morris’ client’s success started in the 1980’s, based on a pioneering passion for construction. Today the company is one of the leading construction companies operating in one of the world´s most interesting growth markets. With the capability to accompany the entire life cycle of any project, over 5000 company employees benefit their clients in designing, financing, building and operating projects in any of the following development areas:
- Civil Engineering
With ongoing successes in the State of Qatar, the company has identified the need for head of tendering department. Reporting directly to the MD you will work with a range of clients across a broad range of sectors including office, hotel, apartment high rise complexes.
The successful Tender Department Manager/Bid Manager will be responsible for assessing the bid both commercially and in terms of build-ability, and will be able to demonstrate a solid track record of winning significant bids in the highly competitive Qatari market. You will should be an expert in developing strong client relationships and be able to bring creativity and innovation to a diverse range of construction bids.
- Responsible for submitting completed bids to existing or prospective customers, on time and within budget ensuring that all questions have been answered as fully as possible.
- Present commercial and technical bids to higher management
- Plan and manage all aspects of bids providing subject matter expertise where required.
- Coordinate the production of bids and proposals, producing a cost bid plan and gain all relevant authorizations.
- Record, analyze and manage issues, risks, changes and dependencies during the bid.
- Ensure all bids have a win strategy that is communicated to all team members and reflected in the submission
- Manage bids from receipt of tender documentation to handover to the production team
- Lead the tender team at Bidders Conferences, Mid-term interviews and post tender interviews as required
- Develop a strategy for winning each individual bid. This should include, but not be limited to, quality, design development, innovation, supply chain, financial & legal response
- Hold launch meetings & regular review meetings with the bid team to ensure that the bid is on course
- Lead production of the bid document in both electronic and hard copy formats. Supervise administration staff working on the document.
- Manage final negotiations leading to Contract signing
- Effectively communicate bid strategy and solutions to construction team
- To be up to date with market conditions, vendors, and pricings.
- The company will provide for a generous basic salary net of taxes
- New housing is provided fully furnished and inclusive of utilities on a single, married or family status
- Fully expensed company car with fuel card
- Private medical for self and family
- Annual gratuity
- 30 calendar days paid leave
- 75% of school fees reimbursed for up to 3 children
- Position is offered on a permanent basis
- x 8hrs per day
- 30 days calendar leave per annum + national holidays
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering with appropriate professional accreditations and/or a significant number of years of formal and practical preparation in the area of construction contract management.
- Ten to fifteen years' experience in the preparation, negotiation and management of large-scale civil (office, hotel, apartment high rise complexes.) and industrial construction contracts and sub-contracts. Gulf experience a definite asset.
- Previous experience in BIM and Facility Management (FM) tenders is desirable.
- Past experience of working in a similar role within a General Contractor preferably in Qatar.
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a business unit or area.
- Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met.
- Experience of Planning and Managing the Bid Process.
- Experience of bid management and bid co-ordination on design and build and traditional contract forms at tender and construction stages is essential
- Proven success in winning bids/tenders, ideally from within the Construction industry
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
- To have used tender software in the past, such as Candy, and to be comfortable with using it.
- It is preferred, but not required, if he/she is familiar with ERP systems, like Microsoft Dynamic.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Grade A Contractor
Urgent - Contracts Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Urgent - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)