Job description / Role
Responsible for developing, reviewing, updating and implementing organizational safety programs and policies; conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures. Ensures compliance with Qatar regulations, requirements, bylaws and policies in relation to Health & Safety and Fire Safety.
• Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization
• Carries out any in-house safety training to educate and/or Train workers about site-specific safety measures, and potential hazards.
• In-charge of enhancing workplace safety
• Performs Risk Assessment
• In Charge of accident / incident investigation.
• Ensure that workplace tools and equipment meet industry standards and installed properly, as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
• Submits monthly HSE reports and makes presentations to Management
• Analyze and detect weaknesses in the safety management program
• Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and recommends preventive action against recurrence of any accidents
• Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
• Liaises between Tenants on safety related issues.
• Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
• Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
• Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services gained from Mall / shopping center / oil and gas, of which 6 years should be in a managerial capacity
• Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation
• Good knowledge of English oral and written English
• Qualified trainer as it relates to position description
• Comprehension of working drawings, plans and specifications
• Sound computer literacy (word processing, organizational computer systems)
• Sound research and interpretation skills
• Proven ability to negotiate, consult and resolve conflict
• Effective written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage time, plan and prioritize projects and tasks.
• Presentation Skills
• Sound customer relationship skills; effective interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Qatar regulations, requirements, regulations, bylaws and typical policies in relation to Health & Safety, Fire Safety etc. relevant to position
• Knowledge of health & safety requirements related to the position and safe work practices
• Knowledge of fire management systems, fire plan drawings etc.
• Knowledge of construction techniques and practices
• A practical knowledge of the administrative and technical provisions of Qatar Civil Defense Rules which are based on NFPA.
• Calm under pressure
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Able to set parameters with others and assert legislative and policy requirements with others, to ensure personal and public safety
• Cooperative with others; able to work with a range of people and in a team
• Positive attitude to challenges
• Achievement orientated; sets and pursues goals
• Able to positively present self in the community and represent the company
• Able to understand Records Management responsibilities and practices
About the Company
A leading real estate company in Qatar.
Health and Safety Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
A Leading Facility Services in Qatar
HSE Manager - Airport Construction
HSE Manager - Airports
|Saudi Arabia||22 Oct|