Job description / Role
Role & Responsibilities:
• Directs the resources and activities of the Department to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the Company Senior Management.
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Department to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
• Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate with the latest national and international practice; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
• Responsible for the staffing and directing the HSE Department, including all Field Safety staff, and coordinate training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness.
• Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the Senior Management.
• Assist project team in investigation of all project incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
• Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company site locations to review HSE performance and policies.
• Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, EPA, etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance.
• To carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company’s Policies & Procedures and any applicable state and federal laws.
• Bachelor’s / Masters Degree in Engineering. Must hold MMUP Grade A Classification
• Experience – 10-15 years of construction safety experience managing project safety.
• Must have very good written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent computer skills required. Must have experience with Microsoft office programs.
• Good negotiating skills. Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – NEBOSH IGC, IOSH, OSHA 10 & 30 trained; OSHA 500, ASP, and CSP a plus.
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Project HSE Lead / Manager
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.
Ignite Search & Selection
HSE Manager - O&M
Ignite Search & Selection
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)