Job description / Role
Carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
• Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
• Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
• Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
• Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
• Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
• Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
• Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
• Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
• Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
• Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
• Comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies.
One of the following must be achieved and completed:
• NEBOSH - International General Certificate in Health & Safety 1,2 & 3 completed
• IOSH - Managing Safetly
• OSHA 30 hrs Construction Health and Safety
One of the following considered a plus:
• Safety Officer training for construction
• Basic First Aid Plus CPR
• Risk Assessment and Accident Investigation
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.