Job description / Role
COMPANY : NAKILAT - KEPPEL OFFSHORE & MARINE LTD
WORK LOCATION : RAS LAFFAN (QATAR)
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR / MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT : PLANT & MAINTENANCE
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The HVAC technician is responsible for operation, monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing substation HVAC systems to company standards.
• Apply skills and knowledge and ability to ensure target production throughput rate or objectives are safely executed in line with Section Plan, KPIs, N-KOM Values and IMS system.
• Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with company values and work within company policies, standards, procedures and any legislative requirements.
• Adhere to health, safety, security and environmental policies, procedures, instructions and controls for the safety of self and others.
• Demonstrates proficiencies in operation and maintenance of HVAC equipment located inside the substation.
• Ensure compliance to quality management procedures and controls to deliver high quality services and products.
• Assist Supervisor and Engineer in preparation of Root Cause Analysis Reports.
• Identify defective components and parts and communicate this to Supervisor and Engineer.
• Assist Supervisor and Engineer in commissioning of new equipment or re-commissioning of repaired equipment.
• Read technical drawings, work orders and maintenance schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications.
• Ensure that jobs are carried out as per schedule and steps stipulated in the maintenance job cards.
• Use and place materials in an economical manner.
• Performs work safely and utilizes safety equipment properly.
• Understands and follow all yard safety rules and regulations.
• Maintains quantum and quality of work set.
• Maintains tools and equipment.
• Maintains and upkeep housekeeping.
• Follows instructions from his superior and carry out his tasks in a safe and productive manner.
• Follows all safety procedures and report lapses, if any.
• Perform any other assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Degree / Diploma in HVAC or Equivalent Technical Certificate in HVAC trade
• 6 years of relevant experience in operation, testing and maintenance of substation HVAC Equipments.
• Knowledge of fault finding and techniques.
• Knowledge of package unit, VRV unit, AHU, FCU and Large capacity air dryers.
• Ability to read electrical schematics.
• Knowledge of operation, testing and maintenance of substation HVAC units.
• PTW System
• Basic Computer knowledge (For report in daily activities).
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.