Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
- To maintain all HVAC equipment in pristine condition. Fulfill any duties assigned by the Engineering department management.
- Inspects and performs maintenance tasks which can be preventive and corrective to ensure all the HVAC system are well functional and to ensure required guest satisfaction. (70%)
- Maintains detailed records for HVAC equipment's which is defect, maintenance, spares etc. (10%)
Take proactive measures on the issue related to HVAC equipment's to ensure effective and efficient operations. (10%)
- Maintains HVAC equipment inventory of supplies needed to perform job function. Prepares requisition for purchase as required; all purchases must be approved by department managers. (10%)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Maintains the thermal comfort.
- Cleans and maintain filters, coils, blowers for the HVAC system.
- Ensures the application and the execution of a good preventive maintenance program for related equipment and machineries.
- Maintain hygiene with HVAC system.
- Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead
- Some lifting of cartons or boxes, climbing on step stools, opening file drawers
- Walking, climbing stairs
- Near Vision
- Far Vision
- Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Accor rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager."
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
- Assisting with customers' queries.
- Timely updates the preventive maintenance program to the supervisor.
- Ensures recommended health and hygiene conditions of HVAC systems at all times.
- Attend maintenance request, maintenance calls and repairs related to all types of maintenance works.
- Follow all job instructions given by Duty Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
- Respond as quickly as possible to maintenance requests from both clients and colleagues.
- Respond immediately to emergency calls involving leakage.
- Report any serious maintenance problem or safety related issues to Shift Engineer immediately.
- Follow duty schedule/Split duty and carry out any other assignment given by ADOE as business demand.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all HVAC-Mechanical tools which must be kept clean and secure at all times.
- To thoroughly investigate each job as assigned to ensure that only the necessary spare parts and materials are used and to avoid unnecessary wastage.
- Able to dismantle and repair water HVAC equipment such as Split units, FCU's, AHU's and VRV's.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to the shift in charge.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury. Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift in charge. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Emergencies - To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Emergency plan.
- To complete the personal daily job record, time book accurately, and keep ready for inspection
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
Qualification Standards Education
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical's certification is required and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior HVAC Technician
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS)
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS)
Cool Drinks Equipment (CDE)Technician