Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an Independent Safety Assessment Expert to join their team in Qatar.
• Assessing that the Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations on the company’s rail network are conducted in compliance with international standards and codes of practice, in order to achieve a level of risk that is at least as low as reasonably practicable
• Supporting the Senior Manager in establishing plans and procedures, regulations for safety, certifications, regulations, safety of operations, and risk assessments
• Meeting the KPIs and department’s objectives agreed with the Senior Manager
• Representing the company on Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations matters internally
• Liaising with consultants and contractors on assessment issues, and interfacing with clients on both technical and contractual matters
• Assessing that Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations activities are undertaken as described by Common Safety Methods, Yellow Book, and EN50126
• Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, with formal or hands-on training in Railway Safety, Quality, and Project Management
• At least 7 years’ experience in Railway Safety and Regulations, safety approvals and decision-making, with a special emphasis on experience in EN 5012x
• Demonstrable history of the safety certification for railway projects/railway engineering, construction, and bringing/maintaining assets into use
• Experience of building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation
• Excellent analytical reasoning skills and the capability to make decisions on complex matters
• Excellent communication skills in English
If you fulfil all of the key criteria for this position, then please apply now online.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health & Safety Advisor
QS Quest Global Markets Ltd.
|Saudi Arabia||25 Jul|
HSE Manager (Renewable Energy)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited