Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: QA / QC Inspector
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations / QHSE Manager
To assume the responsibility to provide engineering facilities with inspection and quality assurance services and support to improve inspection quality systems, engineering processes and product quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide direct service to engineering teams in inspection quality applications, tools, techniques and systems.
• Interface with clients/contractors/certifying authorities/third parties and internally on all quality matters.
• Review OEM/Client quality plans, inspection and test plans and identify inspection points and process.
• Prepare and obtain OEM/Client approval of project quality plans and inspection and test plans.
• Ensure Materials and products are inspected and tested in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality and performance to company/OEM/Client/regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate Measuring Machine operation and programming utilizing faro arm equipment.
• Skilled use of typical inspection tools, gauges, micrometers etc.
• Set up and Perform mechanical inspection of machined parts and completed precision assemblies to determine conformance to specification, tolerances and workmanship standards.
• To carry out thread inspection to API 5CT, API 5B, API 7-1 and API 7-2 specification and have a sound knowledge on fits and tolerances for machine shop products.
• Proficient and certified to ASNT Level II in PT and MT.
• Non conformance investigation and root cause analysis and coordinate corrective action with line managers.
• Coordinate with procurement the performance of quality inspections on all received components/materials.
• Carry out equipment calibration tasks and liaise with external contractors for specialist calibration support.
• Ensure workshop compliance with all Quality policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity and QHSE.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in an engineering discipline ideally with a Degree / Diploma or equivalent. Must have a proven track in an internationally recognised service/repair/“one off” machine-shop/tool-room/ production environment. A minimum of 10 years’ experience with 5 year’s workshop supervisory experience. Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative
and have a full working knowledge of a wide range of workshop procedures and activities. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings.. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring and testing equipment. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment. Must have a flexible approach to working hours and location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Inspector - Building Works