Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Inspector - Welding
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility to manage all aspects of welding processes, inspection and quality control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Apply knowledge of welding principles, metallurgical properties, base and welding materials to ensure conformance to the specifications and that all welding filler metals used are as specified for material.
• Ensure that all weld, welder and welding activities are correctly specified and carried out in accordance with the relevant international codes, client specifications and applicable company welding procedures.
• Inspection of all welder qualifications, raw materials and mill test certificates.
• Inspect and test all welded joints of work for visible defects, correct dimensions, joint strength, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications.
• Coordinate and review all testing: non destructive testing ( Fluoroscopy, X-ray, Auto UT and MPI) stress, pneumatic, service and hydrostatic testing as and when required and record accurately all inspection data.
• Mark and analyse all defective work and recommend scrapping or methods of reworking and prepare non conformance report with recommendations for remedial actions to be implemented to improve standards.
• Manage workloads and prioritise resources to ensure that all work is completed on time and to the company standards and clients expectation and in compliance with all HSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness and ensure that all technical / inspection reports are completed and filed in accordance with company standards.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity / quality and HSE and assist in the selection, induction, training, performance management and personnel development of staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Certified welding inspector with a diploma or degree in Metallurgy or related subject. Must have a proven track record in welding inspection and quality control in an internationally recognised engineering manufacturing machine shop. Must have strong knowledge of international codes, welding techniques and processes and be able to inspect a wide range and grade of materials such as carbon and stainless steel, copper nickels, Duplex and Super Duplex Stainless etc.. Must have in depth knowledge of weld testing techniques and analysis with aminimum of 10 years experience and must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skillswith a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Can work under own initiative with a full working knowledge of workshop activities, procedures, processes, documents, ISO standards and be able to read and understand and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring and testing equipment. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment. Flexible approach to working hours and location
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.