Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
Monitor, administer and analyze the company's insurance policies to ensure risk and liabilities are insured appropriately. Also ensure that the company's assets and its business projects are appropriately insured.
- Contribute to the formulation the divisional strategy in alignment with Company strategy and support its implementation.
- Participate in translating the Insurance division strategy into annual operational business plans, and ensure their implementation, as well as follow up their progress, and take corrective actions as needed.
Insurance portfolio management:
- Regularly review the insurance portfolio for companies.
- Analyze new business proposals/ projects from an insurance view point. Highlight areas of concern and potential problems.
- Prepare proposals in respect to new insurance or amendments to existing polices.
- Provide and assist with the provision of operational and commercial solutions from an insurance view point.
- Provide advice concerning insurance requirements for tender documents and help with creation of insurance tender documents
- Assist in the evaluation of tender documents, with respect to insurance provisions and requirements.
- Evaluate the insurance tenders and advise the Limited Tender Committee on the suitability.
- Review contracts for external contractors and provide inputs or raise concerns on insurance coverage or their adequacy.
- Manage insurance policy renewal.
- Manage insurance claims, including the collection of information and advising on liability plus recoverability under policies.
- Notify Legal team and contract administration groups of policy wording/ clause changes.
- Provide timely notifications to insurers highlighting probable incidents which will or could result in a claim under the policy guidelines. Also notify the insurers of attachments to a policy.
- File claims as necessary under the insurance policy.
- Process recoveries with insurers once claims are cleared for settlement.
- Analyze existing risk and liabilities in relation to the. insurance carried by the company and its joint ventures.
- Collect / monitor the collection of information and data required for the management of existing and prospective insurances, so as to allow analysis of risk and record.
- Advise on cost effective insurance, risk retention.
- Manage department staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- Contribute to managing change in own team by providing inputs for and taking part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that are aligned with the best practice.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
- Oversee and ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across Legal & Insurance to ensure that COMPANY provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Budgets and Plans:
- Prepare the Insurance department budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available 1·esources to protect Company interest.
Systems and Processes:
- Develop the Insurance department policies, procedures and system, and ensure their proper implementation to support achieving the different set targets and plans, hence COMPANY strategy.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the General Counsel.
- Be a part of the Emergency Response Team and attend to drills and live emergency response team meetings to provide advice in insurance requirements.
Key Result Areas
- Review the insurance portfolio for companies
- Analyze existing risk and liabilities in relation to the insurance carried out by the company
- Analyze and make new business proposal in respect to new insurances
- Strategy development for insurance placement
- Assist with the provision of operational and commercial solutions from an insurance view point
- Produce and evaluate insurance tender documents
- Manage insurance policy renewal and claims and file claims as necessary
- Advice on extent of risk and appropriate level of insurance
- Monitor the collection of information and data required for the management of existing and prospective insurances
- Manage and train employees of the company and its affiliates on insurance related matters/ issues
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Specialized certificates
- 10-12 years of related experience of which a minimum of 4-7 years should be in a similar position/ responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry
- With a Minimum of 5 years in a managerial role
- Should have expertise on Marine Insurance and Insurance Portfolio Management, Legal Advisory, Contracts and Tender Evaluation, Policy Management, Claims Handling, Risk Analysis.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of the marine insurance market
- Understanding of marine risk
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power &Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.