Job description / Role
Job Purpose / Role:
Lead and manage the audit team in carrying out reviews and audit assignments of the Development projects in order to identify areas of risk, monitor adherence to QPM’s policies and procedures, detect fraudulent business activities and reinforce internal control measures.
• Contribute to the development of the QPM Internal Audit strategy by providing the Development Audit inputs and plans in line with the overall business objectives.
• For QPM and designated subsidiaries, plan assigned Development audits, reviews and investigations including risk identification, prioritization and mitigation, and existing business controls (laws, policies, procedures, standards and other guidelines).
• Develop Audit programs using Electronic Audit (Team Mate) software to detail the various steps for conducting audits.
• Direct, supervise and guide the audit team to accomplish Development audit programs in accordance with the international audit standards and stipulated schedules.
• Contribute to closure by ensuring completion of all planning, execution, reporting and quality requirements for assigned section(s).
• Manage the review of the development risk assessment and control measures within QPM by delivering a comprehensive process to assess the effectiveness of internal control mechanisms and protect QPM from any possible losses.
• Provide recommendations to the Audit Committee and the Group Chief Internal Auditor on Development risks relevant to QPM and work with other concerned parties to create cost-effective controls for effective protection against such risks.
• Evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions taken for the satisfactory conclusion / closing of Development audit findings and prepare / present reports.
• Liaise with the audited functions on Development audit issues, as and when required.
• Participate in development of GIAD policies, procedures, plans and other guidelines mainly pertaining to Development Audit.
• Respond to and support QPM, external auditor and State Audit Bureau requests regarding GIAD audits and coverage.
• Develop specific audit programs and test scripts, and determine the suitable system tools necessary to carry out the specific audit to ensure that all technical requirements of the audit process are readily available.
• Provide on-the-job training for Qatari Associate Internal Auditors.
• Hold periodic workshops and training sessions to promote / explain Development Audit including: definition, benefits, process, roles and responsibilities.
• Ensure data extraction and analysis using the corresponding software to measure consistency of data and to report the findings to the concerned internal parties.
• Oversee the work of the Development Audit team to ensure that all activities are carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
• Review the reports submitted by the Assistant Audit Managers on Development Audits.
• Monitor team goals, objectives targets and performance indicators and KPIs to measure progress toward achievement of same.
• Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to the team to support their overall development.
• Ensure timely accurate information input to pertinent administration systems.
• Perform all other duties, as assigned by the Group Chief Internal Auditor, as per business requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related discipline is required.
• Masters' in Business Administration or any related discipline will be preferred.
• CIA, CA, CPA, CFE or CMA certified professionals will be preferred.
• At least 10 - 12 years’ relevant experience as an Internal Auditor is required.
• Previous experience in Real Estate industry the Middle-East is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of IIA standards, theory and methodologies of attribute standards and performance standards.
• Knowledge of principles, policies, procedures, and internal processes pertaining to audit.
• Knowledge of key business processes and management control.
• Awareness of latest quality management systems & standards.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Detail and result oriented.
• Team management and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English and Arabic is required.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Internal Audit Manager
Stratus Recruitment International
Group Internal Audit Manager
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Internal Audit Manager
Riyadh Cables Group of Companies (RCGC)
Chief Internal Auditor
Director of Internal Audit
Big Fish Recruitment