Job description / Role
International Graduate Programme (Full-time permanent Opportunity)
***Please note applications should be completed by March 1st 2018. Please visit www.sc.com/graduates to apply.
We are one of the world’s most international banks, offering graduates opportunities across our footprint of Asia, Africa and the Middle East, as well as Europe and the Americas. Right from the start of the International Graduate Programme, you’ll dive into our global network with a five-week International Induction Programme (IIP) in incredible Shanghai. Our IIP is your chance to connect with more than 270+ IGs from the 30+ countries that we recruit from.
The IG Programme comprises six business streams, aligned to our business banking areas. Each stream is focused on a unique part of the Bank, allowing you to select a business area based on your interests and help you develop specialist experience right from the start of your career.
After your first year as part of the Programme, you might join one of our local, regional or global teams. For half of our grads, their first role means an international move.
In Qatar we are currently recruiting for the following business areas:
• Commercial Banking
Benefits of the International Graduate Programme:
• International exposure
• Promotion after 1 year subject to completion of programme requirements
• Highly competitive salary
• Rotational on the job training within your chosen business stream.
• Travelling to Shanghai for induction (4 weeks)
• Meeting senior leaders
• Developing a global network
• Flexible working
A few things to consider before you apply:
• We only allow one application per candidate per season so think about it carefully before you hit submit.
• The Programme starts in September 2018, however applications are open now and will close in March.
• We require an undergraduate degree for all Graduate opportunities.
• To apply for a Graduate position you must have the permanent legal right to work in the country to which you are applying. In Qatar, we may consider applications from Arabic speaking nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.