This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
The Lab Technician will be responsible for testing and inspecting road construction materials, including but not limited to Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) and Granular Base Course (GBC) to determine whether or not their characteristics, properties and quality meet or exceed the standards and specifications required.
- Performing standard laboratory testing for samples of soil, aggregate base, asphalt concrete, and cement concrete
- Grading observation and soil compaction testing and observation of aggregate base and asphalt concrete;
- Obtaining samples of soil, aggregate base, asphalt, and cement concrete
- Analysis of test date and corrective action to prevent non-conforming products
- Perform testing in accordance with BOTC’s Quality Control System
- Understanding test methods and procedures
- Resolving problems - especially with unusual Soil and aggregate samples, and special Asphalt mix designs
- Documentation and data control
- Attend contract planning and site meetings when special construction material related matters are discussed
- Planning and managing the laboratory and its staff
- Care and maintenance of testing equipment
- Bachelor's degree of Civil Engineering Technology and/or Geology experience would be an asset
- 2 to 4 years of laboratory technician experience, preferably in a continuous process plant in the Asphalt industry
- Knowledge of Super pave Technology
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- possess ability in PC skills in Office applications
- Work overtime as required
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade ’’A’’ Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"