Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Landscape & Environmental Inspector with over ten years experience for a Highway project in Doha, Qatar. The Landscape Inspector shall report to the Assistant Resident Engineer/ Resident Engineer as determined by the discipline line management. This position is responsible for on-site supervision of all works associated with the soft & hard landscaping elements in an infrastructure project following highest standards. The position requires thorough knowledge of Middle East region trees/ plants /shrubs species, planting and horticulture maintenance, irrigation systems, and other softscape/ hardscape features.
A typical week would include:
The key objectives of the roles are to:
* Oversee and ensure the performance of Contractor's works for strict compliance with approved plans, drawings & specifications, and health /safety & environmental plan.
* Maintain a detailed diary of the day's work activities, issues, works approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc.
* Process the Contractor's inspection requests and maintain records of their status. Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built drawings.
* Coordinate with the Contractor's site engineer/ foreman at site on daily basis and inspect execution of works, following best practices.
* Report Contractor's questionable methods of operation or workmanship and any failure to conform to plans and specifications to the Assistant Resident Engineer / Resident Engineer.
* Notify the Assistant Resident Engineer / Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications, if any.
* Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
* Interface with the stakeholders and public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree/ Diploma in Agriculture Science/ Engineering.
* Minimum 10 years working experience with 5 years in the Middle East. Qatar PWA or MME project experience preferred.
* Knowledge of post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to construction and site inspection procedures.
* Technical skills to undertake tasks such as simple CAD drafting, spread sheets/ charts, online tasks related to reporting and document processing, engineering support, KPI analysis and computation etc.
* People managing skill, with good written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent working relations with stakeholders through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.