Job description / Role
- To support regular classroom teachers as well as Learning Support Teachers as they provide high quality instruction to students needing support in order to be successful.
- The Coordinator should also have the ability to work well with the other staff members and be able to support parents in a professional, honest way.
- The Coordinator should also be ready and able to provide high-level professional development to teachers as well as maintaining a mentor role with the staff.
- Appropriate and current certification in Special Education.
- M.A., M.S. preferred.
- Previous experience as a special education teacher.
- Experience in generating an IEP (Individualized Education Program) as well as experience leading an IEP meeting with parents.
- Bilingual English/Arabic is preferred; English is a requirement and a 3rd language will be seen as an asset.
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).