Job description / Role
• The Leasing Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of leasing management, develop leasing plan to identify new tenants and negotiate with prospective tenants to maximize income in line with the business plan.
• Ensure proper tenant mix in line with business strategy and achieve desired company business objectives.
• Manage day-to-day operations of leasing and ensure maximum optimization of resources
• Set up objectives and targets and monitor regularly to ensure all objectives are achieved
• Responsible for leasing vacant spaces according to defined retailer mix and target
• Manage all leasing activities including attracting new tenants, vetting prospective clients, rental negotiations and the development of attractive leasing packages
• Monitor tenant mix to ensure commercially profitable to the mall
• Ensure Fine tuning of retailer mix whenever is possible by visiting prospect regularly and have an updated waiting list
• Finalize renewals of existing retailers in accordance to company’s rules and procedures
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the status and performance of leasing activities
• Coordinate with retailers on a daily basis to resolve issues
• Attend to tenants and clients’ needs and provide optimal level of service
• Implement all the necessary documentation required in the fulfillment of activities such as leasing, renewals, moving in, moving out and renovation
• Coordinate with other department heads to ensure effective and efficient operation of the mall
• Develop and maintain a long term beneficial relationship with all existing Retail groups, preferably within the GCC to ensure continued and future business
• Prepare a target list of the prospective customers, both local and international suitable for the type of areas available for leasing in the mall, assess their due diligence, invites them to a presentation of videos, drawing, models etc. in order to generate interest in the mall, work towards sales closure to meet revenue targets and ensure proper maintenance of tenants waiting list
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
• A Graduate degree in the field of Business or similar
• A Minimum of 8 years Leasing management experience, preferably in the GCC region
• Mixed use development experience, an advantage
• Experience with luxury segment of the market
• Extensive knowledge of leasing management
Competencies / Skills and Knowledge:
• Leadership and decision making qualities are essential
• A good team player with strong analytical skills
• Able to be trusted with confidential and sensitive company information
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Knowledge of managing leasing contracts and negotiation, exposure to tender management
• Good understanding of tenant mix and zoning, mall marketing, advertisement and promotion
• Good understanding of mall operations and associated policies and procedures
• Proficient with MS Office
• Seasoned business professional and good technical knowledge of leasing retail and commercial Facilities
• Financial acumen
• Strong negotiations and sales skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Possess good command of English, ability to speak Arabic an advantage
• Working knowledge of legal clauses in lease agreement
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.