Job description / Role
• Supports management with timely advice on various, complex, legal matters including compliance and regulatory.
• Drafts, reviews and manages contracts
• Coordinates and supervises the preparation and review of contracts
• Provides professional support and legal advice as required.
• Proactive legal assistance and advice on various legal issues, including but limited to corporate, commercial contracts, dispute resolution, litigation, regulatory, employment, and governance.
• Assists with legal matters related to construction law, real estate and retail
• Assists the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
• Advises on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business.
• Ensures that the legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted.
• Takes decisive actions on various legal matters and assess’ contentious and uncontroversial issues.
• Manages and coordinates with external and internal legal resources, where required.
• Advises effectively to minimize and mitigate risks to company.
• Represents the company in ensuring the efficient handling and best outcome of all negotiations and disputes.
• Advises and ensures the business in compliance with the necessities of legislation involving data protection.
• Supervises, researches and analyzes implication of case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company
• Deals with complex legal matters with multiple stakeholders
• Minimum of 8 years relevant and hands-on work experience in the legal field
• Experience in Construction, Retail and Real Estate is an advantage
• Problem solving skills
• Negotiations skills
• Effective communications skills
• Strong command of English, Arabic an advantage.
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs
• Ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
• Time management skills
• An understanding of relevant Qatari legislation.
• Degree in Law or Law related courses
• Master degree in Law, is an advantage
• Maintains standards of conduct and current knowledge
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Sound judgement and work ethics
• Consistency, fairness and integrity
• Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive company information.
• Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills.
• Ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately.
• Sound practical judgment.
• Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
About the Company
Equinox Global Investments was founded in 1993, originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market. The company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today, Equinox Global Investments has grown to include activities within real estate, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation. The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, a residential compound, commercial and industrial developments.
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
AHA Advocates - Abdullatif Al Hammadi Advocates
Counsel - Group Legal