Job description / Role
Director level position with an exciting Private Equity company which is in growth mode. This will be the first legal hire and will oversee all legal and compliance matters. Exceptional quality of work and a wide ranging, high responsibility position.
Private Equity company which has been formed by impressive senior stakeholders - backgrounds from PE, investment banking, management consulting and governmental organisations. They have diversified investments with a particular focus on infrastructure in Africa. Start-up environment, but with extensive global coverage and impressive amounts of capital raised already.
* Involved in the structuring and management of complex, cross-border funds
* Oversight of all transactional matters including corporate M&A, JVs, etc
* Heading up the compliance function and managing AML, KYC, risk management, etc
* Organisation of board of directors and general shareholders meetings
* Supervise and follow the production of periodical reports of the funds
This is a very senior role with huge amount of responsibility. You will be the sole lawyer in an exciting PE company that is looking to make some major investments and is raising an impressive amount of capital. You will be involved in top quality work coming mainly out of Africa, and have the opportunity to take a lead role in cutting edge transactions and investments.
There is a market leading salary on offer, it is a lucrative opportunity with ample opportunity for personal growth and development in an exciting market.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following criteria
* Fluent in French
* Good knowledge of compliance and risk management / mitigation
* Experience in investment management/fund structuring
* some background in transactional corporate/banking matters
The preference is for someone who has a background with both international law firms, and in-house with a PE / investment company
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.